.07.

"Hey guys" John greeted before stepping in.  We greeted him back as we all sat down.

"So what did you find ?"  John chimed in all hopeful and excited.  Silas and I exchanged disappointed looks.
"Nothing" Silas sighed disappointment written all over his face.

"What? How? Did you guys check correctly?" John frowned.

I nodded "We did,  many many times."
" He was in a blind spot, every time,  I even asked the workers there before leaving, but they didn't notice anything unusual, not to mention the cafe is almost always busy," Silas explained as I sat quietly.  I usually let him do the talking, I wasn't that comfortable.

They seemed to be thinking about a solution. " Can't we like to track him from his email ?" I chimed in breaking the silence. John looked at me, " It's hard but possible. I'll check with the unit. However, if this doesn't work, we will have to have another plan. "

Silas was quiet but he seemed to agree with what was being said. " I think we should lay low and just observe what happens as we try to track him." Silas was an observer, he had an eye for details too, which was something I admired about him.

" I think we should, I'll count on you guys to keep me updated. You guys are staying undercover right ?" John questions us both.

"Yes," We answered simultaneously. 

" That's good. You need to keep it that way until we have all this sorted. Skylar, how does it feel to be his wife?" He joked, but I didn't find it funny.

"It's fine," I stated nonchalantly as Silas just observed what was happening. If anything Silas was such a good person and I was comfortable around him.

"I see ..." He playfully said and had his eyes on Silas who gave him a deathly glare. John rubbed his hands on his pants before standing up. "I'll leave you two for now."  Before he could leave I received a new email it was scorpi0n.

Silas immediately caught on, "What did he say ?"

"I miss u" I read out loud. Silas had an unexplainable expression. "Don't worry we'll catch him soon." John tried to console me.

Soon after he left after saying his farewells to us.

"Do you want to have some fruits?" Silas noticed how I was down and went to the kitchen. I nodded and followed him sitting on the counter. 

He took a seat next to me after cutting the fruits and placed the plate between us. We both quietly ate some fruits, I was staring at the counter lost in my train of thoughts. 

Silas went and came back with a paper and pen. " let's write down what we know about Scorpi0n okay?"

I looked at him. " Okay... But what do we know? "

He smiled mischievously. "You would be surprised, we can try to profile him. For example, he is someone who knows you from the cafe. All pictures were taken around the cafe or in it."

" So you mean he's the regular customer ?" Silas nodded, "exactly."
" He also comes late at night after 3 pm. None of the pictures was taken before that. However, the messages were sent at  random times."  I tried to recall what I know and noticed.

" So he can't come before 3 pm for some reason." He concluded noting it down on paper. His brows creased and he seemed to be concentrating.  I couldn't help but find it attractive, my eyes suddenly drifted to his lips. Woah! What am I thinking? I slapped myself mentally.

" There's just something I can't just understand." He suddenly recounted making me snap from my mental war. "How can someone with no eye for details and can't type properly. Manages to not be in single footage. I just don't get it." Silas continued scratching his head.

It was true scorpi0n couldn't type properly for the life of him nor use proper grammar. "I'm not sure... Did you maybe have any suspects in mind? " I asked out of curiosity.

He answered sitting straight up" Two, in fact, Angela and Henry."

"Really ?" I was surprised,  Since I knew them personally I just didn't think any of them would do such a thing. I mean Henry wasn't the friendliest out there and sure was mysterious,  but it couldn't be him. 

" Yeah, but when I saw the photos of when we were at the cafe last time again I had to recalculate everything. Although the person who pretty much fits the profile and all clues point to him was Henry. Let me show you what made him innocent."  He pointed at my phone and so I opened the picture I received in the mail.

He took the phone and scrolled to two certain pictures. " Here you can see him behind the cashier,  and here was a bit hard to notice,  but if you zoom in, you can see his reflection." I looked at him amazed.  There was no way I  could have noticed such things.

"I see." I was just flabbergasted by his mind right now. Everything about how he thinks and how he explained his theories was so attractive.

He sat upright and looked at me in the eye, not breaking the contact. " Listen, I want you to trust me. Tell me anything, absolutely anything you have related to this or think may be related. The smallest details matter and your trust in me matters. Let's work together okay?"

"Okay," I said with a yawn.  He smiled, "let's go to bed yeah? "  We cleaned up after our small talk and went to bed.

"Silas I'm sleeping on the couch tonight." I insisted and laid on the couch marking my territory. 

" I'm fine sleeping on the couch, really-" I shook my head to dismiss anything he has to say. He made me sleep on the bed ever since the very first day. I've noticed how he would squirm around on the couch and how it was too small for him.

"Listen let's at least swap every day, it's your place after all. I have no problem sleeping anywhere really. " I was very grateful for his hospitality but it was just too much.

He realised he had lost the argument and just gave in. We both went to bed and sat down quietly. Silas was on his phone just scrolling and texting someone. Everything was calm for a while until Silas suddenly told me some very disturbing news.

" They found a new body a few hours ago."