.11.

I'll have to admit that I was ecstatic that we were going somewhere, even tho it came out of absolutely nowhere. I couldn't leave the house for 2 weeks because I was under "protection". Even tho the emails never stopped, thankfully no more pictures were sent.

There was an unsettling feeling in my gut, I still had a lot of question and uncertainties when it came to Silas and I was going to ask him about it. Someday.

True to his words we packed our bags and we went to that family house. It was about an hour away, but it was safer for me. According to Silas that was John's suggestion. It was better for us to blend with a family far away and continue being undercover as husband and wife.

The house was big and had a huge open space around it. Not many people lived there so it was quiet and peaceful.
Silas knocked on the door and waited for a response as he stood next to me.
The door soon opened and someone around my age opened the door for us. He was a little bit shorter than Silas and very handsome. He had blond hair and striking blue eyes. He was less lean than Silas but was still lean.

" Hey, Silas right ? "

"Yes, and this is my wife - Sklar." I smiled respectfully as Silas introduced me to the man in front of us. His hands snaked around my waist loosely, slightly hovering over it.

" Welcome, I'm Chris. Mom has been waiting for your arrival you two." He gleamed cheerfully and led us inside to meet his mom.

The house was very neat and had a country vibe to it. It was really lovely and pleasingly decorated. We entered the kitchen and a busy lady was cooking alone.

Chris knocked on the door to grab the woman's attention."Mom, they arrived." 

"Oh my, Chris you should have warned me before to look more presentable!" She cleaned her hands in a towel and hit Chris lightly on his arms. The smile never left her face as she extended her arms to shake our hands.

"I'm Katherine, pleased to meet you, Skylar and Silas. Please have a seat," she spoke enthusiastically and guided us to the living room.

" Nice to meet you to ma'am," I responded with a smile as we all sat down.

"Please call me Katherine darling. How was the trip?" 

"It was a long trip, but we are glad to be here. The  weather is amazing, we'll definitely enjoy our stay here." Silas answered smiling at me our eye contact not breaking.

" You'll be here for a few days?" Chris asked aiming the question for me. "Yes." Before I could reply Silas had already answered for me. A small smirk was present on his face. I would lie if I said he wasn't looking so sexy right now.

" Well, that's lovely !" Katherine clapped her hands ." We hope you enjoy your stay, there are great places to visit, Chris here can guide you around. You can have your meals with us, your room and bathroom are in the guest section it's completely separated from here. You can enter from the guest door too. " Katherine explained pointing to us where everything was.

Everything sounded good to me, if only they knew we were on the run from a psychopath who almost killed me. Pretty sure they wouldn't be as welcoming.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Katherine. We'll go put our stuff and rest now." Silas stood up as I followed his lead. I didn't want to ramble or say something I wasn't supposed to say.

Katherine gave a wide grin. " Of course dear! I prepared dinner, so you can just call me anytime I'll help you heat it
"Thank you Katherine you're so kind." I smiled back Chris then took it from there and showed us our "room " except it wasn't a room, it was more like a small studio without the kitchen.

Silas threw himself on the bed as soon as Chris left us, he was so exhausted from the trip - and sneaking at night. 

I rolled my eyes to myself and sighed, I couldn't bring myself to ask him anything honestly. I didn't know why knowing the truth scared me? Maybe some things are just better left unsaid.  I was tired from my thoughts honestly.

I threw myself next to him, turned my head to him. " Shouldn't we agree on a story to say if they asked about anything? Also how long are we staying Is there any updates from the station so far ?"

"Are you interrogating me?" He chuckled. "Slow down, Leave the story part on me I'll speak on behave of both of us. We'll, stay until they hopefully catch him. Actually, there is, they are suspecting it's someone from the computer science faculty in your university."  He had his arms on his eyes, face facing the ceiling.

" Why aren't you telling me such things? I should know this stuff before you Silas."  I sat upright annoying laced my words. 

"I'm sorry it was hectic I couldn't even tell you anything. Ah by the way I got you something. " He stood up and got a small container and handed it to me while saying, "Should help you with your sleep."

I couldn't even understand him now, he was nice and caring so what was a person like him hiding?

"Silas wh-" I was cut before even finishing by Chris who called us for dinner.  I huffed in annoyance between myself and we all went for dinner.

It was a lovely dinner honestly, made me feel good for the first time in a while. Mr George even joined us, he was Katherine's husband and had come back from work. We laughed and talked about random topics before we went to sleep.

Silas and I had agreed to sleep on the same bed since the floor was too cold. So we did sleep or so he thought. He started acting all sketchy again and went towards the door then quietly opened it.

Not again, I thought to myself.
I hesitated for a split second then I stood up and decided to just face him.

I let out a cough, grabbing his attention.  He turned around a surprised look on his face.

" where are you going ?"