.01.

Skylar

I was terrified, scared, and unsafe. I kept looking at the pictures that were sent to me on the email from that person called scorpi0n. My hands were shaking, as my hand covered my mouth trying to not let out a cry in the bathroom. It was happening again, but even worse.

There were many pictures of me they were taken a few minutes ago in the cafe I work in. I was being stalked and watched. Every move was being watched by someone I do not know. I started to become anxious and opened the toilet and threw up. I collapsed on the floor not knowing what to do.

It started one week ago; when my summer break had just started, I started to receive such emails. Many were threats that they'll kill me, and many were just creepy messages that made no sense. At first, I thought it was just a prank, I tried to report it but it was useless.

I reported my case to the police but nothing has been done. They said it was just a prank, and when I went to the police again with my case for the second time, threats spammed my email. Worse, I was being stalked now, pictures of me in the present time would be sent to my email. The threats became worse and worse and the stalking made me sick to my stomach.

I became paranoid about my surroundings, I lost trust in everyone around me.

I had no choice but to run and leave this city. I was going to be okay, and I will survive this. I cleaned myself up and got ready to leave. I was going to hide in my apartment until figure out what to do.

I changed my uniform and wasted no time and left. Not even telling my coworkers or my boss. I was so going to get in trouble, but it was the last thing I cared for right now.

I was 2 minutes away from my house. My pace was quick but not running, the person may be stalking me and I did not want to cause further attention or show that I was scared of him.

I held a pepper spray tightly in my hands ready to use it at any time. I took a deep breath and got ready as I felt someone approaching from behind. I couldn't dare look behind me. I had nowhere to go now except in front of me or behind. Since we were in an alley between two buildings.

The steps suddenly started to come closer and faster. I knew I may not survive this but I had no chance. I braced myself as my heart started to pound faster and faster against my chest.

Suddenly I was being attacked. I screamed as an arm held me from behind locking me against the person's body. I wasted no time and sprayed him with pepper spray.

I heard a growl as a sharp pain started to sting from my left side. I didn't look back and wasted no time and started to run. It didn't help that it was raining and I was injured.

I kept running as fast as I can hoping that I can reach the main street where someone can see me. " Somebody help!" I screamed and shouted repeatedly. Until I reached the main street and stood in the middle of the street raising my arms.

The person after me wasn't after me anymore. He couldn't chase me around people. I looked back to the street to find a car a few meters away speeding towards me. I couldn't move, it was as if I was glued on the floor.

I shut my eyes tightly as I heard the car stopping harshly almost hitting me. I collapsed on the floor and helped my shaking body protectively and sobbed uncontrollably.

I couldn't keep it in anymore, I couldn't act all strong, and I had no one beside me no one to help. I was soaked on the street with an injury on my left side.

I heard the car's door shut as a man spoke angrily " Mrs how- " He stopped in his tracks and it took him a second to register the situation I was in. He opened the car again and grabbed an umbrella from his backseat and rushed over to me.

"What happened ?" He sounded concerned as he put the umbrella above me I was shaking and crying uncontrollably. " Please help me. " I managed to say between my cries in a low voice. To which he thankfully caught and looked around to check the place then spoke again.

" Come with me." I flinched when he lent a hand. How could I trust him, I couldn't trust anyone anymore. " I promise I won't hurt you, I'm only trying to help ." He affirmed as politeness and trustworthiness laced his words.

He seemed like a man I could trust, but my body wasn't cooperating with me. I nodded and tried to stand up. My legs wouldn't support me. He reached out to me slowly waiting for my consent before touching me.

I tried to lean to him and he held me up bridal style quickly and seated me on the passenger seat. He secured the seat belt around me and fixed the seat to support me better.

He was quick, not wasting any second and pressed on the gas making the engine roar alive. He wasted no time and started speeding down the road.

He opened the storage space and fiddled around searching for something. He finally found what he was looking for - it was a napkin.
He pressed the napkin on my sides and kept his hands on it. He drove with the other and had his concentration on the road.

I was slowly getting dizzy and I couldn't hold my head up high anymore. Suddenly everything blacked out.