.17.

SKYLAR

I woke up in Silas arms that held me loosely. I fixed myself up not wants to wake him up. He had stayed very late at night gathering evidence and footage. I on the other hand slept like a baby, maybe it was the pills, maybe it was Silas,  a mix of both. Regardless I slept almost 9 hours and had no nightmares.

My sudden movement caused Silas to wake up too. His eyes fluttered and he looked at me, "Good morning beautiful."  His lips curved into a smile. Those lips, oh how I wanted to kiss them right now. "Good morning." My hands ran through his hair and played with it for a while.

"So what plans do we have today?" I asked still playing with his soft hair. "Well... get ready we are going to catch scorpion today."

My mouth fell open, "Are you serious?" I asked excitedly. He nodded smiling as I placed my hand on my mouth, my eyes tearing up a bit. It was tears of happiness and relief. It was going to be finally over.

Silas used his elbow to lift himself so he can sit properly. However, me being me I didn't wait, I threw myself at him embracing him tightly. He grunted as he held me trying to balance both of us. He definitely had some amazing core strength, it was as if I didn't just throw myself at him just now.

I was sitting on my knees hugging him and he returned the hug. It wasn't just any hug, it was intimate and warmed me up. "Thank you for everything," I mumbled, my lips pressed onto his shoulders.

"I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do." He pressed me tightly against him. One hand around my waist the other on my hair stroking it.  We broke up the hug a little, he was looking at me with pure admiration.

Our little moment was interrupted when Chris knocked on the door, "Breakfast is ready." He called from the other side. "Coming," I replied loudly not noticing my mouth was near Silas's ears.

He cringed and shook his head. I shrieked putting my hand on his ears "Sorry!" He narrowed his eyes trying to fight the smile forming on his face. I started laughing holding my stomach his facial expression was priceless. "Oh, I see." He started attacking me and I was no match to him. He started blowing and making weird loud noises near my ears.

My laughter got louder and louder as I wiggled beneath his grip. "I'm sorry, please!" I begged to laugh. He stopping attacking me and helped me stand up. He watched me calm down smirking, I hit his chest lightly then went to the bathroom.  I could still hear his laugh in the bathroom; I smiled to myself.

○○○○○○

We finished having breakfast with the family and I was now sitting on the bed watching Silas talking on the phone with John, he looked a bit distressed and angry. " This is way too risky! What do you mean you can't find him?!"  His voice got higher and higher

He ended the call abruptly and ran his hands through his hair. He always did that when he was angry or frustrated. "Hey What's wrong?"  I touched his shoulders so he could calm down. 

" They can't locate him and the police think using you as bait is the faster way to catch him. Since they can't afford anymore victims to suffer." He sighed.

"Look at me." I held his face between my hands. "I'm ready to help I already told you before. If this is going to help the police to catch him faster then I'm ready Silas. I know you'll protect me."

"Skylar this is too dangerous. 'Can't locate him?'  Absolute bullshit.  I can't agree to this."

I sighed. "Silas, this might be our chance! Police will protect me you will protect me and I'm ready to help. I beg you let's go, I just want this to be over."
I tried to persuade him, and it was working I could see it in his eyes.