A marriage without any affection... a mere responsibility. A relationship in which trust is like a sandcastle that could easily sweep away with a single touch.

As he continued to follow his father in the shadow, the middle-aged man stands in front of a monument with an inscription about the history of their noble family. He slowly places his right hand against the ground and started to whisper incoherent words under his breath.

Until shadow magic emerged beneath his feet as his body sunk in the middle of it. A certain magic spell that will open up the door on a specific path towards a hidden chamber.

Hundred of thoughts circling in Nacht's mind after he witnesses what his father has done. Since he also possesses shadow magic, he is aware what is the purpose of that specific magic spell.

It is towards a hidden chamber that is intended to imprison someone.

"If he is really having an affair...why that place?" he thought until curiosity started to flow into his veins. His light blue eyes shimmer in the darkness as his lips turn into a smirk.

"What are you hiding, father?" Nacht whispered before using his shadow magic and vanishes into nothingness.

*********

"Brother..." a soft voice called the shadow magic user who seems to be in deep thoughts. Their father already called him multiple times but Nacht is just poking the steak with his fork without even batting an eye.

"Huh..." Nacht muttered as he arches a brow in confusion. His twin brother that is sitting beside him has a frown on his lips while his father and mother gaze at him with disappointment in their eyes.

"Father is calling you multiple times..." his twin brother whispered in his right ear. Nacht slowly turns his head towards his father who is wiping his lips with a white handkerchief.

They are having their usual family dinner and his father initiates the conversation but Nacht's mind was occupied to even notice his father calls.

"You didn't attend your classes again." his father reminds him, narrowing his eyes. "And if you do attend those classes, your mentors are complaining how you approach them rudely." he continued.

"Tell me, what is wrong with you?"

Nacht stares at his father for a moment and then continued to poke his steak with his fork. "Maybe if they do teach me something fun I will listen to them." the young boy stated nonchalantly.

"But all they teach me is some bunch of useless topics." he defended without averting his gaze on his plate. "And that old man who teaches me how to dance can't even move properly..." he continued as he shifted his gaze towards his father.

"That guy who supposed to teach me proper etiquette called me a pain in the ass and useless bastard." he started to enumerate with a smirk on his lips.

His father clenches his right fist and slammed the table due to his rudeness once again. "He can't move properly because you use your shadow magic against him like a puppet!" his father shouted up to his lungs with visible veins around his neck.

"You even address your teacher as a beanpole with a weird-looking face!" his brows furrowed, voice roaring in anger but Nacht places his fork beside his plate and crosses his arms on his chest.

The apathetic expression etched on his face shows such arrogance that told them "I just don't give a damn!". The typical black sheep of the House of Faust.

"It is Sir Beanpole with a weird-looking face..." Nacht corrected and emphasizing the word Sir which irritated his father furthermore.

Black Spade (Black Clover Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें