Lucian and Griffin and Seth were all glaring at her, but they didn’t have to worry. Fallon wasn’t about to open her home to Daphne.

            “As fun as that sounds, there isn’t much room here,” Fallon said.

            “You’ll have to do better than that,” Daphne sang, not sounding the least bit offended by Fallon’s flimsy excuse.

            “I’m serious. This may be a ten bedroom home, but seven of them are filled.”        

            “That still leaves three, and I only need one you know.”

            “I know, but we really wouldn’t have much time to visit. The baby takes up a lot of my time.”

            “Then you should be happy to have help.”

            Fallon was running out of excuses to refuse her. Simply saying no wasn’t an option where Daphne was concerned. When that woman made up her mind that she wanted something, there was no standing in her way. When they were teenagers, it was the thing Fallon admired most about her former friend.

            “Great, it’s settled then,” Daphne said. “You don’t even have to pick me up from the airport. I’ll just take a cab. See you tomorrow.”

            The line went dead before Fallon could protest. Everyone at the table sat in stunned silence.

            “Is everyone all right?” Angelica asked as she joined them in the dining room.

            “You’ll never guess who just called and invited herself to stay here for a couple of weeks,” Fallon said.

            Angelica frowned at her. “Who?”

            “Daphne Spellman. Can you believe that?”

            “Daphne’s going to be staying here for a few weeks?”

            “It looks that way.”

            Angelica plastered a smile to her face. “That’s great.”

            That was the sound of a lie. Angelica wasn’t any happier than the rest of them to have Daphne under their roof, though her motives were a little different. Watching Angelica slide a worried look in Seth’s direction, it suddenly occurred to Fallon this might be the perfect remedy to Angelica’s refusal to accept Seth’s love.

Lucian and Griffin:

            “Sir, there’s a taxi cab at the front gate whose passenger is requesting to be allowed to pass through the gates.”

            Sebastian’s announcement a few minutes into their dinner was met with identical sneers from Lucian and Griffin. It was typical of Daphne to show up late and even more typical of her to ruin the dinner they had yet to eat.

            There was no love lost between her and the twins. Even Christian Church would’ve been a more welcome addition in their home.

            “Let them in, Sebastian,” Simeon said. “After you do, escort Miss Spellman to our table and then you can take her bags to an open guest room on the first floor.”

            Sebastian gave a nod before leaving to carry out Simeon’s orders.

            Lucian looked across the table where Seth sat beside Griffin. “Say the word, and we’ll send the bitch to a hotel.”