41 -사십일 장

Start from the beginning

Sowon began listing the names of various foods she knew and giggled when she observed how her answer had taken aback Namjoon as his eyes widened, his lips parting before he gave her a stupid look. She couldn't lie that catching him off guard like this was quite fun.

"Can you eat that much at once?" Namjoon asked with slight confusion.

"Relax, I was kidding."

"What were you kidding about?" Haneul asked from behind.

"Oh, just Sowon asking me for foo-"

Namjoon began talking but Sowon beat him to it, clamping one hand over his mouth as she struggled in her seat to send a nervous look to her friend.

"Eek! It's nothing."

Haneul glanced at the tension and chemistry between the two before she smirked and grinned, leaning back. She wiggled her eyebrows to tease Sowon who had her cheeks going cherry red.

Sowon glared at her friend, striving to fight against the strong seatbelt strapped against her chest due to her position. She glanced at Namjoon, surprised to see him staring at her with an expression she couldn't understand.

"Sowon what are you doing? Let Namjoon drive properly."

Hearing her father's voice, Sowon snapped back to reality before she nodded and hastily settled down in her seat, heart still beating rapidly at the recent incident.

Stupid, that could have caused an accident.

Whatever Namjoon did to annoy her, Sowon was now determined not to react to anything stupid because he was provoking her, meaning she was bound to attack him but since he was driving, it was risky like her father pointed out.

She let out a small sigh, noting how the three people in the back seat were engaged in a conversation about some latest k-dramas which Sowon didn't mind partaking in. For a moment, she appreciated the family gathering.

She liked the way it was and wished the moment would not end easily. But to her dismay, the car slowed down and stopped at their destination, Namjoon killing off the engine.

"We are here!"

Right. When she wanted to be with her family after everything, the Gods wanted her to wish to be short-lived. Well, she was not desperate so Sowon quietly grabbed her back and stepped out of the car.

Instant cool air hit her face and she took a moment to regain her senses. The sun was brightly burning in the sky, favourable weather for a family picnic like suggested and the main reason they were in the place.

As Namjoon and Haneul brought out their stuff, Sowon took the moment to observe their picnic spot, Han River. All around them, green trees filled the avenue and fresh trimmed grasses covered the ground.

Over to their left side in the further distance, there was a large railing and beneath it was the mesmerising Han river, deep blue and clean. Many people were already walking around, having fun and Sowon noticed how much people were happy.

"Sowon? Let's go."

"Oh yeah."

Haneul entangled their arms as she giggled into her ears. Sowon offered a smile as they began walking after Namjoon and her parents who seemed to have been in this place before and were leading the way.

"So for today, there will be no worries for anything. Let's just have fun together."

Namjoon spoke with a charismatic aura and smiled, his dimples glowing under the bright sun and Sowon couldn't look away. The way Namjoon thoroughly guided them around the place was something new she was noticing like he had become a leader.

Haneul giggled, whispering in her ears.

"You are so whipped Sowon."

Sowon's eyes widened when she heard those words, the horror of her best friend's mischievous tone catching her off guard. Quickly changing her expression, she turned to scowl at her friend.

"Haneul stop blabbering nonsense or else I'll strand you in this place alone."

"Yeah, whatever."

Just when Sowon thought her friend understood the drill and was about to heave a breath of relief, she noticed Haneul walking up to Namjoon and wrapped her hands around his muscular arm.

She choked on her saliva.

"Sowon are you okay? You look a bit pale."

Mr Han asked in a concerned tone which made everyone else glance at Sowon. Feeling the numerous gazes on her she knew looking at her best friend or Namjoon would possibly make her flustered and stutter like a fool.

So she only shook her head, offering a tight smile towards her father which was supposed to be genuine but couldn't be. How could she smile for real after seeing what her best friend did?

"Sowon you good?"

Haneul asked teasingly, raising a brow but the small smirk on her lips gave away what Sowon needed to know. She was testing her. So Sowon decided to be confident and pretend not to be affected.

"All good."

Haneul offered a sly grin and turned away, her hands still latched on Namjoon's elbow. Still uneasy at the view, Sowon looked up to see Namjoon worriedly eyeing her.

Was he happy being close like that?

Huffing a breath, she peered away and decided that it was better to spend the day with her parents rather than the couple who were constantly putting her on thin ice.

How was he not complaining?

Sowon asked herself while secretly glaring at the view of the arms still linked together like glue. For a moment, the dark thought to go in between Haneul and Namjoon and break them apart came to her mind but she dismissed it as too weird.

"Like planned, we will first have some brunch here and then head to our next destination to have fun. Is that good?"

Nods and agreements followed after Namjoon's words and Sowon found herself nodding though her mind was filled with several thoughts. Namjoon grinned.

"Let's start our day for recreation."

A/N: Believe me, the next chapter is going to be so much fun and worth it

A/N: Believe me, the next chapter is going to be so much fun and worth it. Be thrilled to read it<3 

Also thank you for being patient with my clumsy self haha❤