Chapter 23 || All The Information I Need To Know

PERCY JACKSON

"So," I said to Order as she finger her chains, "I'm second in command now..."

Order smiled as she stared at me.

"Yes, Thalost. I promise you... glory is near."

I knew exactly how to force the information out of her.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me?" I finally said, staring at her.

She stared, bewildered.

"Sorry?"

"How do I know glory is near... If I don't even know how we're going to achieve glory?"

I got her now.

"I promise we will discuss after this, Thalost. I promise. But you must be with Hannah first. You both are the only individuals who will receive this information."

After two months in the Void, I was finally getting all the information I needed to know. I knew all of the commanders' weaknesses. I knew the army's fighting strategies. I knew what type of person Order was. Now... I needed to know their battle plan. How they planned to attack. How they planned.

I met up with Hannah, who was busy hacking at a dummy. She didn't seem surprised to see me. I mean, I came here everyday to survey every person's fighting strategies in order to plan and make the training back at camp better.

"Greetings, Thalost," Hannah said, stopping her fight with the dummy.

"Order wants us," I said.

"Oh, okay," Hannah said.

HANNAH MCFLANDERS

F**k. That's all I could think. Because something didn't feel right when I looked at Thalost. There was something about him that didn't seem evil. Something about him that made him seem good. The worst part?

I was attracted to it.

Yes. Me. Hannah McFlanders. The person who vowed she'd never fall in love or have any affairs. A person who had no heart. Was now falling for a person she knew she'd never have. If only Thalost knew of my past. Of my heritage.

The fact that I was a daughter of Athena. Turned bad.

"Greetings, my top two commanders," Order said from where she was chained.

"Greetings, Lady Order," we both said at the same time.

"I understand you both would like to know of our battle plan?"

"Yes, Lady Order," we both said again.

"Good. Well, I plan to attack wave by wave at recurring times. To tire them out. So even if they ever found out about our battle plan, they'd still be too tired to continue on. We stagger the difficulty of each strike. Some easy, some hard. But the hardest comes at the very end. That's when I'll come in and destroy even the strongest of them. Take out my brother. And we'll be done."

"Good," Thalost nodded, "I assume you're sending giants and titans to run each strike?"

"Yes, indeed, Thalost," Order nodded.

"Will you send the commanders?" I questioned.

"Yes, I will. They come with me to the final battle."

"What about the rest of the army?" Thalost asked.

"They are attacking the rest of the planets. Going head to head with the Chaos army. We'll take them out like butter," Order snickered.

"Is that all?" I sighed.

"Yes, commanders. Remember. The simplest ways are the ones no one expect. They always win."

We both stood up, bowed, and left.

"Oh, and also!" Order called, making us both whip around.

"I want you to follow this map," Order said, handing it to us, "It's to the Umbion Stone."

"How'd you find this?" Thalost asked.

His tone was... surprising. Even Order looked surprised.

"No reason to get too... excited, Thalost. When you feel comfortable, take the map and find the Umbion Stone. I intend to use it on myself."

Thalost gave her a look.

"And on you, Thalost."

Thalost nodded.

"That will be all, my noble commanders. Go forth!"

Thalost and I left. The moment we got out, I slapped him.

"Dude!" he stared at me.

"You made a deal with Order?" I hissed.

"I mean... yeah," he frowned, "Why?"

"Order never keeps her promises!" I growled.

"What do you mean?" he stared at me with such intensity, I felt like fainting. "You're her first in command commander."

"That's because I have no way of turning back," I said to him.

Wait, why was I telling him this? I quickly panicked.

"Don't worry," Thalost said, "I'm not gonna tell."

I exhaled in relief.

"But why do you serve her if you don't trust her?"

"Because Chaos did me wrong. I have nowhere else that loves me or even accepts me. It's my best option."

He stayed silent this time, thinking.

"There's something different about you, still," I said, looking into his eyes.

To my surprise, he stiffened.

"What?" he asked.

"Well... you seem like... a good person."

He stiffened even more. I gained suspicion but pushed it away quickly.

"But you slay like a demon," I snickered.

He laughed along with me.

"Well, I was a good person. Remember. Until I got thrown into the Void by... you know who."

"Chaos," I rolled my eyes.

PERCY JACKSON

When I was sure no one was listening, I loaded all the information I had gathered from my mission into a lollipop hard drive. I have no idea why, but Chaos had a thing for lollipops. I stuck it into my pocket in a pink wrapper. The blue wrapper was my key out. I knew it was time to leave. I had all the information I needed to know.

That's when I heard knocking. Hannah. I opened the tent doors and there she stood. Gods... why does she look so much like Annabeth and act so much like Annabeth? My wise girl? UGH!

"Hey..." I said hesitantly.

"Hey," she smiled.

Dam...

"Hannah, I really--"

"No, me first. Thalost... I know I've been hard on you but... You really did change me. I mean... you're the only person I really trust here."

F**k. F**K. Why? WHY HANNAH?

"Hello?" Hannah waved a hand in front of my face.

"Oh... uhm... yeah... me, too," I stared at her, "I mean, you're also the only person I trust down here."

Hannah smiled and did the most surprising thing she could've ever done. She kissed my cheek.

"Night, Thalost."

She walked out of the tent and I touched the place where her lips at met my cheek. How could I leave now?