[Chapter 12]

Did some reading for info on my next book :3

+++

{A/N's POV}

The next morning, Y/N woke up to a racket. Peaches, her owl, was flapping her wings, trying to wake her up. Y/N blinked twice sleepily and yawned. It was a quarter to seven. When Y/N ignored her owl and hid under the sheets again, Peaches screeched loudly. Ginny bolted awake, as Hermione had already left for prefect duties.

"What the bloody hell!" Ginny shouted through the screeches.

Y/N begrudgingly forced herself up before Peaches could wake up the entire Gryffindor corridor, wondering how Hermione could wake up so early.

After Peaches calmed down, Y/N untied the envelope from Peaches and opened it. Peaches constantly pecked on Y/N, begging for something to eat.

"Here," Y/N said and pulled her nightstand drawer open. She gave her owl a peach and opened up the letter as Ginny joined her on her bed to read the letter as well.

Y/N,

Mrs. Weasley just informed me about the order you're going to buy from the new wizarding shop, London. It seems dangerous or hard work to take care of a phoenix Mum and Dad also think so as well. But, Mum and Dad had a conversation about it (more like an argument, but don't worry about it), and they said it's up to you. If you want to buy it in the future, go ahead. I also think it's best for you to follow your heart so if you're willing to spend galleons on it, I won't stop you. Mum thinks it's best you spend some time at London over the Christmas holidays to decide for yourself. Just know, taking care of it is a big responsibility so choose wisely.

Sincerely, Magnus.

P.S. I'll be joining you at London if you decide to go.

Y/N finished reading the letter and realized it was a cover. Obviously, Magnus and her parents suspected that the Ministry was intercepting letters that were going in and out of Hogwarts. And it was clear that the "Order" she wanted to buy from "London" was a cover for the Order of The Phoenix at the Black home. She had no hesitation to join and knew the Weasley Twins would as well.

"Mum thinks I should spend time at the new shop," she mumbled. "Oh... she wants me to stay with you guys at the London Place over the holidays," Y/N said to Ginny in realization.

"Yeah, I'd love that," Ginny agreed. "Besides, Mum already invited you weeks ago in a letter she sent me."

Y/N took out a quill and a parchment to write back to her brother. She knew things were too busy to remember to write back later.

Magnus,

I don't care if it costs my life savings; I want to buy it. I can't think of anything more honorable than buying a Phoenix. Plus, Fred and George say they want to help me care for it since they're old enough. Don't worry about me. You know I can take care of myself. Also, things at Hogwarts aren't going very well, but you know we are taking care of ourselves. Tell mum and dad that I am going to be staying in London in the shop, London. Mrs. Weasley's already agreed to join me. :) We'll see how things go.

Take care, Y/N.

She entered the common room, feeling happier than usual. She saw Fred and George, sitting in a corner with some first years. They were handing out purple-looking treats to them.

"See?" Fred said, after explaining something to them.

"Bite the purple end first. We'll give you the other half of the galleons when you're done," George said.