[Chapter 7]

Fred looks like he's gonna murder her.

+++

{Y/N's POV}

"You've both prefects?" I asked Hermione and Ron as we walked with the rest of the Gryffindors to the common room.

They nodded their heads, confirming my question.

"Congrats! But, how come I'm just hearing about this?" I asked.

"It's just so typical, we forgot to mention it," Hermione explained.

"I expected Ron to brag," I said, snickering.

Ron looked at me and shook his head disapprovingly.

"I'm not like Percy," he said. "It's not a big deal."

Just as I was about to speak, Fred yelled, "Race ya to the common room!"

I watched as he, George, and Lee ran up the stairs. I grinned and ran up the stairs as well, my hair swishing side to side. Lucky for me, the stairs moved, meaning they would have to wait for it to move back. I took the advantage to race up to the common room.

Other Gryffindors wanted to join as well and all of the first years followed me, leaving Hermione and Ron behind. I laughed as the first years chased me.

"Come on!" I shouted, looking over the rail.

I saw Fred and George shoving each other as they raced near behind me. Soon, we made it to the portrait of the Large Lady. As usual, she flashed a smile and said, "Hello."

"Hello," I said back, panting.

I waited for Hermione and Ron to arrive so I could get the password. Fred, George, and Lee made it (eventually) and held their knees, exhausted.

"I win," I bragged with a smile. "Do I get a prize?"

Fred looked at me and walked nearer.

"Yes," he said. "This."

He kissed me for a long time, hugging me. My lips curved into a smile as other students made it to the common room.

"Get a room, please!" George said.

Fred's lips curved, smiling and we broke the kiss.

"Too bad there's gender sorted dormitories," Fred said.

"Yeah, too bad," I agreed.

"That's a good thing," George said.

"Yeah, otherwise," Lee said, "Y/N would become a mother before she graduates."

I gawked and Fred and I turned red. Lee and George laughed their ass off at our reactions until Hermione and Ron arrived.

"What's so funny?" Ron asked, staring at George, curious.

"I'll tell you later," Lee said as Hermione walked up to the painting.

"Albino Hippogriff!" she said loudly for us to hear.

"What's an albino hippogriff?" I heard some first years whisper to each other.

"What is an albino hippogriff?" Fred asked me.

"It's a hippogriff," I explained. "Except, its feathers and fur are all white."

Fred pursed his lips. "Why is it all white? Is it even a real thing?"

"Albinism is a real thing," I confirmed.

He shrugged and jumped on the common room couch. He threw back his head and yawned.