[Chapter 8]

OMG, Mattheo <333

+++

{Y/N's POV}

"I can't even believe her right now!" Hermione shouted in frustration.

Hermione was ranting about how much she disliked Umbridge while Ron grabbed another serving of dinner. Hermione had just explained how Harry got detention for mentioning Voldemort's return in class. Fred held my hand under the table, playing with my fingers now and then.

"What a coincidence," Fred said. "Y/N got detention for the same thing."

Hermione froze and asked, "Really?"

I nodded, confirming her question. Hermione's face fueled with anger even more.

"It's fine," I reassured. "It's not like it's my first time getting detention, anyways."

Hermione took a bite of her food and tried to calm down as Harry stood up.

"Where' you going?" Ron asked Harry.

"Detention."

"I should get going as well," I said to Fred and stood up.

He frowned and squeezed my hand.

"Good luck," he mouthed and pulled me to him. He pecked me on the lips and reluctantly let go of my hand

Harry and I walked alongside to Umbridge's classroom.

"What'd you think she's gonna make us do?" I asked Harry after silence.

He shrugged with his hands in his pocket.

"Perhaps she's gonna make us write, 'Voldemort is not back' a million times," he suggested sarcastically.

I snickered and agreed, "She's just in denial."

"Yep."

We knocked on the classroom door. No one answered so we stepped in the depressing room.

"You think she's in the classroom?" I asked.

"Probably," he agreed.

We walked up the steps to her office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" said her proper voice.

We opened the door and walked in. Her office was even uglier than the classroom. Covered around the walls were china plates with moving cats painted on them. Everywhere you looked was at least in the pink rainbow. Her desk stood in front of the window, standing out. I didn't even see Umbridge-since she wore the same pink shade as the wall-until she cleared her throat. She held her hand with both hands and stood soutly.

"Sit down," she said sternly like a sergeant-a beauty pageant sergeant.

She pointed her wand in the direction of two small desks by the wall near her desk. They were the only non-pink colors in the room (except for Harry and I, of course). It was a small and an ugly brown wood color. Harry and I looked at each other, bewildered. We took our seats and she walked in front of us.

She handed us a parchment of paper and gave us both a quill. The quill was a bit heavier than typical ones. It must have been a magical quill.

"Now," Umbridge said softly. "I want you to write, 'I must not tell lies'."

Harry and I shared the same puzzled look.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered calmly.

I picked up the quill and dipped it in the ink. I heard Harry wince when my quill touched the parchment. I looked up at him, concerned.

"You ok?" I whispered.