[Chapter 9]

{A/N's POV}

Fred and George were setting up a prank for their dear brother, Ron. Everyone knew how much of a sweet tooth Ron had. So, they were going to bake him a delicious cake he could never forget. Two hours before curfew, the twins tiptoed to the fruit(s) portrait. George tickled the big pear and the portrait slowly swung open. Unlike anyone else, they knew it as a secret entrance into the kitchen.

The tunnel was a small length walk and led into another portrait in the kitchen. They slowly crept into the kitchen and took out the supplies they needed.

"This cake is going to be the bomb," said Fred.

He took a little something out of his robe pocket and put it into the batter.

"Literally," George added.

+++

"Hurry up!" George whispered as they rushed to the Gryffindor common room entrance.

It was half an hour past curfew and Mrs. Norris, Filch's precious cat, followed from behind them. The cake they had baked was safely in Fred's hands.

"Shoo. Go away!" Fred whisper-yelled. "Can I just kick her for once, George?"

George gave him a dirty look and said, "Filch'll know it's us if we do kick her, anyway. That old man speaks Cat."

Fred and George finally made it to the Gryffindor common room. Luckily, the fat lady was required to stay awake one hour after curfew.

"What are you two doing up this late?" the lady question.

"Albino Hippogriff," whispered George.

The fat lady had a face of offense and horror.

"How dare you call me a-" she paused and realized George wasn't calling her an Albino Hippogriff. She laughed lightly to herself and let them in. "Come in."

Half of the students were awake, chilling as usual in the Gryffindor common room. Hermione was among them and the twins went over to her.

"Oi, Hermione," Fred said.

She looked up from her textbook and said, "What?"

"Can you watch this cake for us for a second?" George asked.

Hermione knew they were up to no good but reluctantly agreed. Fred set down the cake on the table in front of her.

"What's in there, anyway?" Hermione asked.

"It's a surprise," George and Fred answered.

"Come, brother," said George. "Let's go find our little brother."

They shared a mischievous look and laughed as they ran up the stairs to their room. Just a moment later, Y/N walked down the stairs, wondering where Fred was.

"Were those the twins?" she asked Hermione. "I could've sworn I heard their laugh."

She took a seat next to Hermione and saw the cake.

"What's that cake for?" Y/N asked curiously.

Hermione shrugged and replied, "Fred and George said it's a surprise."

Just then, Ginny and her siblings came in, walking towards them.

"I suppose they won't mind if I taste-test," Y/N said, grabbing the fork next to it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were-" Hermione started but was interrupted by a blast.

The moment the fork sunk into the cake, it exploded, making a huge mess in the common room. Y/N had a shock of horror plastered on her face.