[Chapter 11]

{A/N's POV}

Snow was starting to fall. The wind was starting to blow and the plants were starting to wither.

Over the past two weeks, Fred and Y/N have been setting pranks off on each other like a war.

Fred had switched Y/N's ink with an enchanted one to reform into the opposite of what she wrote. Y/N changed Fred's robes into pink for two days, so he had to wear pink to Quidditch practice.

Fred conjured a rain cloud to follow Y/N into DADA and she got detention for that. Fred felt bad for getting her into detention so he "accidentally" knocked over all the shelves in the library and joined her.

Y/N got him back by delivering him an anonymous package during breakfast. When he opened it, an extremely horrid smell released out of it, stinking up the entire Great Hall. Because of that, morning classes were canceled and Fred had to soak in tomato sauce.

"Oi, George," Fred said, walking alongside his Twin to their dorm.

"Yes, Fred?" George asked, mirroring his Twin's voice.

"How do you suppose I get Y/N to give up?" Fred asked.

They opened the door into their dorm and stepped in. Their room was still a mess, no matter how many times Y/N forced them to clean it up.

"I suppose you could read the prank book I got you, for once," his brother replied.

Fred just laughed it off. He laughed even harder when he realized George wasn't joking. Fred hopped on his bed and made himself comfortable.

"Can't wait for the next Quidditch game," George said. "Slytherin's not gonna stand a chance against us."

George pulled out a book from under the pile of his clothes and tossed it to Fred. Fred wasn't looking or expecting it, but he caught it anyway. (TWIN MINDS)

"Fine, I'll read it," Fred said, giving in.

George grinned and said, "I'll be in the common room."

"To do what?" Fred asked.

"To talk to Angela."

"Are you sure it's just talking?" Fred smirked.

George's face soured and he shook his head. "Don't be filthy, Fred,"

Fred laughed as his brother walked out. Once he was alone, he opened up the book.

"I can't believe I'm actually reading," he mumbled, flipping through the book.

He turned to the index and read the contents. He found a title called, "The Best Way To Win A Prank War" and found interest in it.

He turned to the page and skimmed through it.

"I bet George and I have already done everything in this book," he said, chuckling, and started reading out the passage out loud to himself.

"Stink bombs and trinkets may be fun, but the best prank you could ever pull isn't a physical prank, but an emotional prank," Fred read.

"What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?" he thought out loud.

"The best prank is an emotional one because it will break your opponent. That is how you will win."

Fred shut the book. Reading that passage was all he needed for an unforgettable idea.

"I'm so brilliant," he said, walking out of the dormitory. "Oi, George! I need your help with something!"

+++

{A/N's POV}

Y/N and the Golden Trio couldn't wait for the weekend trip in Hogsmeade. They were going to meet up with everyone who wanted to join at the Hog's Head.