chapter 17

Naomi Mason

"Today is the day." My doctor said walking in the room

I had the biggest smile on my face and it was never coming off. Today was the day i was getting off these stupid crutches and walk like a normal person and not depend on peoples help. I mean i would still have my brace on and walk with a limp, but not depending on people is more important. It was clear that i wouldnt be able to return back to my high school season. they said i could most likely play my senior game if i worked hard in physical therapy but i wouldnt be able to play for long. Plus i have to play with a brace for like the rest of my career. I will be back for my travel team and i could still get offer a scholarship that way. Don't get me wrong i still am getting offers from schools despite my injury but i haven't decided on anything yet. Plus i have my eye on one school that hasn't offer me anything yet or hasn't respond to my emails or anything.

UCLA

I know its far away from where i live and i'll be leaving Jake and all my friends but honestly i want to get the hell out of here. It seems crazy but i just want to start a new life with new people and new experiences. I don't want to be stuck in this small as town for the rest of my life. I want to make something of my life. How am i suppose to live my life if i'm stuck in this town with people i can't stand. Me and Randy are planning to both go to UCLA but he hasn't told me anything yet and honestly i'm scared that our plans are going to get crushed.

"Naomi?" Jake said snapping me out of my thoughts

I turn my head to face him "Oh sorry what were you saying?"

"I was saying." The doctor said "That looking at X-rays and MRI's everything seems to be healing quite quickly. With the physical therapy you should be back playing soccer in now time. Now i still want you to be careful because your knee is not fully heal."

"So no more crutches?" I asked literally jumping up and down in my seat

My doctor laughed "Yes no more crutches but if you are not careful or stable enough you will have to go back on them."

That was not happening

"I will be careful i promise." I said

"I'm sure you will be." My doctor said before walking out the door

I screamed in happiness and Jake looked at me like i was crazy.

"Oh come on this is one step closer to me playing this is exciting!" I told him

Jake laughed "Yeah it is but you need to chill out."

I rolled my eyes and cracked a smile "Stop trying to ruin my moment."

"Okay okay how about we celebrate one step closer to you playing?"

"Frozen yogurt!"

"Frozen yogurt."

+++

"It's so beautiful outside." I said looking at the sky

Me and Randy were at the park laying on a blanket looking at the sky. The sky was so clear and it was so bright that everything just stand out. It was a nice temperature with a slight breeze. I loved hearing the birds singing and the sound of children laughing. I love the park.

Randy grabbed my hand and gave it a squeezed "Yeah its pretty amazing."

"I wish everyday was as beautiful as today." I said

"You don't say?" randy said

I turned my head to look at him. Randy was already looking at me so now i was staring in those deep brown eyes of his. I always get lost in his eyes and it is always so hard to get out of his gaze.