14* Crime Scenes and Love Stories

Start from the beginning

And completely irrational.

"What happened?"

She shook her head sadly, "I need to drink water first."

She stood up, walked to the fridge and she drowned the entire bottled water before she returned to her seat.

"So, as I was saying," She leaned closer to me, "Something terrible happened to me in school today, you should even be grateful that I'm here in one piece. God!" I watched as she shuddered involuntarily as if chills were breaking out in her body.

Well... Should I be worried?

Even though deep down, I was almost sure that she was extremely exaggerating whatever must have happened.

That is if anything happened in the first place.

"What happened, Nazeera?"

"Hmmm," She started to answer before she trailed off and for a nanosecond, she looked extremely scared.

And now, I couldn't help but start to get scared.

"So I... I walked in on a crime scene today." She announced and I just stared at her.

I kept staring at her until I shook my head, looked away from her, and picked up my camera again.

I focused on the camera, took quick snapshots of the kitchen to see if the settings were still right and I was intently examining the pictures when I started to feel Nazeera's deep and burning gaze on me.

I wasn't looking at her but I could just tell she was staring intently at me and knowing Nazeera as much as I do, I knew just what must be on her mind.

I started to put my camera away but I was too late because the next thing I knew, Nazeera was slapping the camera away from my hand and I watched in sheer horror and panic as my precious camera slid off my hands and started to slid off the kitchen island...

My heart jumped into my throat as it slid off the kitchen island and it fell to the ground, shattering into a thousand pieces at the impact of colliding against that hard surface.

But that was only a figment of my imagination because Nazeera was quick to grab it just when it almost fell off the island.

I blinked, blinked repeatedly at the close shave.

"Oh my! I can't believe I just did that!"She grinned at me," Her mesmerized and awe-filled voice made me turn to look at her, and yes, she was grinning as if she just did something extraordinary when all she did was nearly break my camera.

"See how fast I was," She told me excitedly while I just kept staring at her as if she had grown two heads, "I learned that hack from Descendant of the sun."

I couldn't even say anything. I just kept staring at her while wondering what would be happening right now if she had been slower for just a second.

And Descendant of the sun? What was that even supposed to mean?

I cleared my throat, "You do realize that you could have broken my camera, right?"

"Yes," She replied nonchalantly as if my camera was something she could just break like that.

"I was telling you that I walked in on a crime scene and my first day at the CSA turned out to be a nightmare and you ignored me by looking at your camera and caressing it," She challenged, her voice sounding somber as if she was saddened by it, "Is your camera supposed to be more important than I am?"

Technically, my camera was the most important thing to me but I couldn't tell her that because she might as well go ahead to break my camera.

"Of course not," I lied to her, "But what could be the crime scene that you're talking about? It's CSA, It's a safe space." I had to sound so serious because she was still holding my camera.