Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning, surprised to have had a pleasant and refreshing night sleep. I must have been pretty gusted after everything that happened yesterday.

I am honestly surprised that I took this news so well. I know that I am used to some crazy stuff by now but a secret society of Wizards is pretty surprising. It gets more cool the more I think about it bet my evil grandfather kind of puts a damper on all of the fun.

I wonder if the magic is anything like the kids in the Hectate cabin or piper does. That would be pretty cool but I hope that I don't have to meet Hectate, she kind of freaks me out a little. I don't think I every saw anyone back at camp using wands however so it is probably a whole different thing.

Being in England is cool I guess. Annabeth has talked a lot about some of the architecture in the castles and something called Big Ben. I wonder if I will get to see it or if the wizards live in a completely different place. Since we just appeared in the room I didn't get to see what the outside of the building that I am staying in looks, the whole thin is a little strange but I suppose that's magic for you.

I wonder if Annabeth could visit me some time and we cool go on a tour of all of the cool buildings in London. I know that she would be really excited. I wonder if there are monsters in the magical world.

I can't tell them that I am a demigod since I am pretty sure that the wizards here don't know about gods. Thankful my trusty riptide which is sitting in my pocket right now is disguised in pen form. I don't think carrying a shiny sword around is going to help my impression with them. Even if it was in sword form the mist should make it look like a baseball bat or something but that is still not great and I am not even sure the mist works on them. I wonder if they have a magical version of the mist that keeps their society a secret.

They already seemed a little wary of me but I suppose that that is understandable considering my grandfather. I wonder what he did to be a criminal. From the way that they talk about him it seems like it is pretty bad. I will asks Sirius about it later, it seems like that is something important to know.

I shrug on a camp half blood t-shirt and some sweatpants before heading down stairs. I hope there is breakfast around here. The house seem pretty desolate so I wonder if they will even have grocery or anything. Worst comes to worst, I have some food in my bag for emergencies but I would rather save that if possible.

Sirius is already sitting in the kitchen eating some toast when I arrive. "Good morning," he says to me, "did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I just woke up and I was really tired last night so I got to sleep pretty easily. Do you have any food for me?" I ask him.

He gestures to a plate sitting on the counter with some toast, eggs, and fruit sitting on it, "I had Kreature make you a plate earlier."

In the back of my mind, I remember him saying something about creatures yesterday, but I am too hungry to care right now. I thank Sirius as I grab my plate and sit down next to him at the table.

I was scarfing down my food when Sirius interrupts me to ask about my shirt. I should have guessed that this would happen, the bright orange shirt stands out and Camp Half-blood is a rather unusual name itself. Thankful, Camp Half-blood is an actual camp and only people that go there know that it is actual training Greek demigods, although, sometime there are Roman demigods that join at camp now.

"It is the name of my camp that I spend my summers at." I tell him.

"Aren't you a little old for summer camp?" Sirius asks me.