Chapter 2

"Percy it's time for dinner" my mom calls from the other room.

I heard my mom calling my from the other room to come to dinner so I stretched and yawned and I started get up from my bed and walk into the kitchen to join my mom, Paul, and my younger sister Estelle for dinner.

I had been trying to nap even though it was already the evening because I am really tired from not sleeping. Demigods have enough trouble sleeping what with the dreams but ever since going to Tartarus with Annabeth, I have struggled even more with sleeping. It was worse in the months immediately after the war ended and I dealt with flash backs then too. It has been two years now and I have dealt with all of this shit with therapy and stuff and I have made a lot of progress.

It helps for me to have Annabeth around. We have been through so much together and I love her very much, just having her near me can be comforting but Annabeth moved away to attend a summer internship at an architecture firm a few weeks ago. She was a little bummed about not being able to go to camp this summer but I know that she was really excited for the internship. I am really happy for her.

I decided to come back home to spend time with my family. I feel bad for my mom since I am away so much with out notice. I know that my disappearance must have been stressful for her. I was worried about coming back because I didn't want to be a burden and her I am really struggling right now but Annabeth thought it would be good for me to spend some time with my family and get to know my baby sister even more.

I go to camp and help teach most weeks but I spend my weekends at home. The summer just started though and I really miss Annabeth. We are able to talk with IMs but it is not the same.
I hope that I will get to join her later in the summer though right now I am enjoy my time at home. My sister Estelle is an adorable toddler, I am so happy to have a little sister; she is so small and tiny and I just want to protect her.

Estelle sort of knows that I am a demigod. I am often unsure about how much so actual comprehends though. She is pretty young so maybe she thinks that flying horses with wings and giant dogs that just pop into the room out of nowhere are just common occurrences. I would prefer to keep her out of most of it though. Demigod life can be pretty horrific and she is so innocent.

I ate dinner with my family but I used a special cup that I had taken from the Argo II so that I could have a blue coke with my dinner. I am determined to make sure that Estelle ends up loving blue food as much as me, but she is still pretty young and has a limited diet right now. I sneak her some blue candy every so often though.

After we finished eating, my mom and Paul went to help Estelle get ready for bed while I did the dishes. Because of my demigod abilities I was always put in charge of cleaning the dishes since controlling the water made it very easy and I got it done fast. Every one else stayed out of the kitchen when I was cleaning because water ended up flying everywhere. I often ended up making a mess out of the kitchen though but it was pretty easy to clean up by just forcing all of the water to move into the sink.

There was a knock on the door as I was putting the final dishes away. I told my mom that I would take care of the person at the door so that she could finish reading Estelle her bedtime story with Paul.

Upon opening the door I saw an old man with a long beard standing there with a big shaggy black dog sitting at his heels.