Chapter 3

"Hi, can I help you?" I say to the man.

"I am looking for Perseus Jackson." the old dude with the long beard replies to me in an English accent.

"That's me." I tense up, a little on edge about why he would be looking for me, "and I just go by Percy please."

"Well then Percy, may we please come in? I have something important to speak to you about and it is a conversation that would be better to have in private." The man says while smiling with twinkling eyes.

As nice as the old man seems, I was not going to be letting my guard down any time soon. I did not have a good track record with old people and their pets calling me Perseus. At least he switched to Percy when I asked.

I didn't want to let potentials monsters into the apartment especially when my mom Paul and Estelle are in there right now, but I didn't want to risk causing a scene in the hallway. Even though the mist would cover anything demigod related and make an explanation for any potential damage a fight might cause, I would still have to deal with angry neighbors. Plus, I couldn't risk people coming out into the hallway to see what was happening and potentially getting hurt, so I invited them, somewhat reluctantly, inside.

"Mom," I shout, "I'll deal with the guest," hoping that she will take that as a hint to stay back in case something goings wrong.

I lead the man to the living room and gesture for him to sit down on a comfy chair. His dog follows right behind him and plops down at his feet. The dogs gaze seems to be fixed on me and it does not help my unease over the situation.

"What can I help you with?" I ask the man, trying to remain as polite as possible.

"My name is Albus Dumbledore and I have come to speak to you about something related to your mother's father. Have you heard of him before?" He questions while his eyes follow me, closely scrutinizing my facial reaction.

"Jim Jackson?" I ask. "Yeah, I know about him. He died in a plane crash before I was born, I never met him."

"I have recently found out some new information that indicates that you mother, Sally Jackson, was adopted by the Jacksons and is actually the biological daughter of a man named Tom Riddle."

"Umm" I say not really sure how to respond to this, "maybe you should talking to my mom about this."

"Your right. She should probably be involved in this as well. Is she available?"

Shoot. I wasn't entirely convinced that the weren't monsters yet and I didn't want to get my mom involved. Unfortunately for me, she must have been listening in to our conversation because she comes in and introduces herself to the potential monsters and sits next to me on the sofa. She is as friendly as ever but I can tell she is a little tense about what the man said.

I suppose that if she was fine with the man and his dog they probably were not monster because she can see through the mist, but hey, you never know. I have seen some weird shit.

"Hi Mrs. Jackson, my name is Albus Dumbledore and as I was just telling your son that I have recently discovered that your biological father is a man name Tom Riddle. Were you previously aware of this?" The Bumble guy now directs his attention towards my mom.

"I knew I was adopted, yes, but I never had and knowledge about my biological parents nor have I ever had any interest in finding out about them. My real parents, the people who raised me, are the Jacksons. Might I ask what your purpose is in coming here?" My mom asks him.

"I apologize, I it was not my intention to imply that the Jacksons are not you family. The reason thatI bring this up is because..." he trails off, choosing his next words carefully, he hesitantly continues, "do you believe in magic?"

I look at my mom, unsure of how to respond. I can't tell if this guy is crazy or if he is talking about Hectate or the Egyptian magicians.

"Could you please elaborate on that?" My mom comes to the rescue.

"Of course," the man smiles kindly, "I am a wizard, someone who practices magic, often by using a wand to cast spells. There is a wizarding world that operates out of sight of non-magical people, or muggles as we call them. You biological father is a wizard."

"Okay" my mom says still slightly skeptical, but if we are being honest, a secret society of wizards would not be the craziest thing that my mom and I have heard of. "What does that have to do with me? I am pretty sure that I don't magic."

"Your right. I don't believe that you have magic. That would make you what is called a squib in the magical world, someone who does not have magic but is born to magical parents. While you do not have magic, however, I think it is possible that your son might be a wizard."

"M-me" I choke out. You might think by now I would be pretty used to all this crazy stuff happening to my me but being a pointy hat wand waving wizard was a new one.

"Yes, Percy. Have you ever had any thing strange happen to you that you couldn't explain?" He asks me.

"Uhhh" something is an understatement to say the least but I don't think I can tell him that.
"That is just what I thought. I looked at your school records and they seem to line up with someone who has had a lot of uncontrolled burst of accidental magic which happens to children at emotional heightened moments."

"Uh, that's cool I guess" Normally when people see my school records, they think that I am a delinquent, wizard is new.

"I understand that this news is exciting but unfortunately the reason why I am here is a bit more serious." The dog barks at that and the old man chuckles briefly before his expression turns grave. "Tom Riddle is actually a wanted terrorist by in Britain and I am worried that he might try to use you if he finds out of your existences and the fact that you have magic. If you come with us then I will be able to help train your magic and keep you safe from Tom."

"I don't want to fly to England." I blurt out in panic. I hate flying and Zeus would shoot my out of the sky for being in his domain.

"Don't worry. We will take a portkey, it is a form of magical transportation."

"I still don't want to leave. I haven't had a problem yet and I don't even think that I have magic. What has changed to make this so urgent. Besides I have no interest in helping a terrorist, grandpa or not."

"You seem like a good person and I don't think that you will work with him." The dog snorts. "But magic can force people to do things against their control. There are certain abilities that are passed through blood and there are some dark rituals that use magical blood relatives to boost the dark wizards powers that might make you a target of him."

All of his talking about blood is making me uncomfortable. I don't have the best history with evil relatives wanting my blood.

"You think that this guy is going to want to take my son to use in dark rituals?" My mom interjects.

"It is possible or he might try to force him to work with him. That is why I hope Percy will come with us so that we can train him to protect himself. Untrained magic can be dangerous even if it hasn't caused a problem yet." Dumbledore responds to her.

"I see, could you please give us some time to discuss?" My mom asks Dumbledore.

"Absolutely take all the time you need."

My mom pulls my back into the kitchen to talk.