Chapter 4

"I think you should go." My mom says to me.

"Why," I protest, "I planned on having a chill summer hanging out with you guys and helping out at camp. I want to spend time at home and not have any dangerous adventures for once."

"I know, but I think he makes a lot of sense. I am sorry sweetie. I want you to be safe and he can train you."

"I can protect myself."

"I know that you can but this is magic you don't know how it works you my might not be able to protect against it. He said that magic can control you."

"Yeah but why would the evil dude come after me. I don't even think I have magic." I object.

"I think you do. There have been some instances that don't make sense even with everything special about you. Look, I know that you don't want to leave, but..." she hesitates for a moment and then continues after lowering her voice, "th-think about Estelle."

"What do you mean?" I question her, "Do you think that she has magic?"

"I don't know" she says softly, "she is so young and if you have magic than isn't it possible that she does as well?" She wrings her hands out anxiously. "I don't want anything to happen to her."

"I know, me too." I try to reassure her. Inside I am freaking out. I can't believe I didn't even consider that Estelle could be in danger too. I am so used to being the one will all of the adventures because of my demigod problems, but this time the evil gramps is on my mom's side so it could effect Estelle too.

"Maybe you just go for a bit to see what all of this magic is about, just to be sure it isn't a problem.

"Yeah" I say distractedly "Maybe it will be good for me to do something new." I smile at her.
"Thank you Percy." My mom pulls me into a big tight hug.

As I walk back out of the kitchen to go tell Bumblebee what I decided, I nearly trip over the big black dog that came with him. I catch myself on the door frame so that I don't fall as the dog scrambles out of the way and goes back over to where we were sitting.

"I'll go." I tell the bearded guy.

"Excellent," he exclaims, "we should get going as soon as we can."

"Hold on," I say, "I have some conditions first."

My mom looks at me confused but Dumbledore isn't startled, "Alright, what are your conditions?" He asks me.

"I want you to put up protections for my family. If you can find me than the grumpy gramps might be able to too."

"Absolut-" I cut him off before he can finish his reply "And you have to promise me you will have a way for me to get back home WITHOUT flying."

"Of course." He replies with twinkling eyes completely unfazed. "I will give you a moment to say good bye and then we can leave from here."

I nodded and then leave the room to say bye to Estelle who is already in bed. My mom follows me down the hallway. Paul is still in there with Estelle who was still awake, curious about what was going on.

I explain to Estelle that I had to leave for a while but I would try to stay in touch with her. I left out the magic stuff. I hope that she would never need to deal with the magical world and we can leave all of the wizard stuff behind after this short trip of mine.

Paul was definitely curious about what was going on but was used to me leaving for vague reasons for demigod things by now. I figure that my mom can just explain it to him later.

I grab a go bag from my room that has some change of clothes, nectar and ambrosia, and some other first aid and survival stuff. You never know what is going to happen with my luck.

Rejoining the old wizard with my backpack slung over my shoulder, I give my mom one last hug good bye before turning to the wizard who has pulled an old key out of somewhere in his long robes. I just now looking how ridiculous his long billowing bright purple robes look- how had I not noticed that before?

I grabbed on to the key as he instructed while he reached down to hold his dog. "What now?" I ask before a tugging sensation in my gut began and then the world started spinning.

Author's note:

Hi. Thank you so much for reading this story. I wanted to ask you some feedback if you had any, please feel free to point out any problems that you might have had or places to improve so far or going forward. I would really appreciate it, I want to make the story better for the reader.

Let me know what you guys think of the pacing and the chapter lengths that is something I am still trying to figure out so hearing you preferences would be really helpful.

Thank you once again, sorry for the note, I hope it is not too annoying.