Chapter 1

"Sirius, are you here?" Dumbledore asks after flashing into the living room at 12 Grimmauld place.

"Unfortunately" Sirius walks into the room to greet Dumbledore. "How is Moody recovering?"

"He is doing fine but his is very upset over being bested by a death eater. I must admit I am ashamed not to have noticed the Crouch was impersonating him all year. He got the best of all of us." Dumbledore sighed and looked down.

"I can't believe that Harry was being taught by a Death Eater all year. I hope is as alright. It must have been a big shock for Harry to find out and I seriously question what he was teaching them all year."

"Well I suppose the good news is that in order to maintain his cover it seems that Barney Crouch actually did teach generally teach the class well. It does not reflect well on our previous teachers that I death eater isn't the worst Defense against the Dark Arts teacher that we have had in recent years."

"Have you figured out what you are going to do for the teacher for next year." Sirius asks Dumbledore.

"No, still searching, and the ministry has a lot to say on the topic. Anyways, how are you settling in?" Dumbledore asks Sirius.

"Not great," Sirius replies, "I hate this shithole and my mother's portrait is driving me crazy. I understand that I have to stay out of the public because I am still a fugitive, but why can't Harry come and stay with me? I have been working on cleaning up the house and making it safe for him and he is my godson so he should be in my care."

Dumbledore sighs, tired of rehashing this argument with Sirius, "I have told you before that Harry needs to stay at his Aunt's house for most of the summer for his protection."

"I don't understand how a muggle house could be safer than staying with me with all of the wards at Grimmauld place."

"It is because of his mother's protection that he has to be with family."

"I am his family!" Black exclaimed.

"You know that I mean his blood related family." Dumbledore patiently replies to Sirius Black.

Sirius sighs, "I know. I will not try to take him away from the protections, I just want him to be safe, but can I please write to him at least. I am really worried about him. Last year was really difficult for him with the Triwizard tournament and Voldemort kidnapping him to use in his resurrection. He is so young I don't know how he is processing Cedric's death and I am concerned. I can't imagine the Muggles that he lives with the be of much help to him."

"Sirius, we can't risk leading the death eaters to him so I can't have people contacting him. It will put him at risk. Harry is perfectly safe with his muggle family and you will be able to see him at the end of the summer. Regardless," Dumbledore attempted to shift the conversation away from this contentious topic, "I recently found out some unsettling news about Voldemort that I need your assistance with. It seems that Voldemort has a daughter and grandson. I am confident that the daughter is a squib but I do not know about the grandson. While he has never been recorded as having magic, his school records show many instances that may be explained by accidental magic, I just don't know why he wouldn't have been noticed and brought to magic school if that was the case. I want you to come with me and observe them as padfoot. We need to determine if that have magic and if the know anything about Voldemort."

"Of course I'll go. Where are they?"

"America"