Chapter 54

"Making Him Smile"

"Stay away Bela, you don't deserve me", Mahir kept on blaberring the same thing

Loosing her patience unable to listen him cursing himself, Bela slapped him on his left cheeks leaving Mahir to his utter shock.

"Shut up Mahir ji, just because I'm not speaking against you now doesn't mean I accept all your words.. now first get up", Bela warned him

Mahir was surprised of her reaction, he wasn't angry or sad that she slapped him.. he rather felt he deserves that slap, deserves it for doing so wrong with Bela.

Bela held him and took him to there room while Mahir haven't dared to utter a single word after her small outburst.

"Change your clothes", Bela ordered him entering there room

Mahir simply listening to her words, took his night wear and went to the washroom. He washed his face trying to relax a bit and changing he comes out to see Bela already in fresh clothes.

"Lie down", Bela said

Mahir doesn't move and stood still at his place, the thought of sleeping next to her after what happened made him feel disgusted of himself. Fresh tears stared to form in his eyes which noticing made bela's heart ache.

Knowing and understanding what probably Mahir must be thinking that moment, she moved forward to him and pulled him towards the bed and made him sit.

"Bela..", Mahir tried to speak

"Not a word mahir ji, I heard enough.. so please sleep now, we shall talk about it tomorrow", Bela said sternly

Giving up on her words, Mahir lied down to one side of the bed while the dreadful thoughts were still haunting him.

Bela too moved to the other side of the bed and moved close to him and forwarded her hands for a hug. Mahir felt overwhelmed at her gesture but felt something stopping him from wrapping his hands around her like he always wish to.

Bela pouted sadly and faked a few tears, Mahir noticing it immediately wrapped his arms on her back and Bela gave a winning smirk. She knew that her pout and her tears are something Mahir can never resist or never ignore and it indeed worked now also.

Bela slowly made him lie on her chest and kept caressing his hair softly while Mahir snuggled more into her trying to control his running emotions.

"Sleep Mahir ji, don't think of anything else", Bela pleaded

Mahir slowly closed his eyes and due to the tiring day he soon fell asleep and Bela smiled seeing his cute pout.

"I'm sorry Mahir ji for slapping you, but you need to know that what you think of it is totally wrong.. I love you Mahir ji", Bela whispered softly kissing his hair

She too fell asleep holding Mahir close to her heart in her arms.

***

Next morning Mahir opened his eyes disturbed by the sun rays falling on his face and looked up to find him completely on Bela lying on her chest.

He wondered how she could sleep while his weight is on her, he backed off a little and caressed her face and frowned not finding the peaceful glow she always has while asleep. He knows he's the reason for it and curses himself for hurting her.

He din't know what to do to get rid of this guilt he's holding within, but he couldn't see Bela upset coz of him. Bela slowly opened her eyes with the moment and saw Mahir already staring at her. She got up and sat next to him while Mahir held his head low unable to meet her eyes.