Chapter 2

Today is Friday. I'm so tired I didn't get any sleep last night. After I tuck Carter in bed last night I studied til my alarm went off. I hope I get a passing grade. I don't need a bad test grade to bring down my D-. I'm already failing. After getting Carter and me ready for school we were off. I dropped Carter off at his preschool and went to my school after.

I went to my locker and grabbed my shit I need for class but I think I'm going to skip and go to the libraby where it's peace and quiet. I have Calculus second hour. I pushed the doors in to the libraby and went all the way to the back. I set my bag down and got my book, paper, and pencil out and got to work.

The bell rang telling us It's time to go to second hour. I grab my stuff and went to the classroom. As soon as I walked in the teacher shut the door behind me. I went to my desk and see that the test packet is on it. I study so much that I still feel like I'm going to fail.

"Ok everyone. This test is worth 70% of your grade. So I expect you to get a 100% on it. Flip your papers over and... Begin." The teacher said.

We all flipped our papers and start working. I looked at the paper and I went blank. I literally studied for this test.

I just did my best and turned it in

I just did my best and turned it in. There were one that I knew and it was the last question. I went to my seat and waited til the bell ranged.

When the bell ranged I was about to leave until the teacher held me back.

"Ms. Jones, you are doing poorly in my class." He said.

"I know. I studied all night and all of first period." I said.

"Well I can't believe that if your grade hasn't gone up. So I'm going to have to call your parents." He said.

"No! I can do better. Just get me a tutor or something. Trust me. Please. I will do better next time." I begged.

"Fine but this is your last chance and if your grade doesn't improve greatly the parents are going to get a call and you're going to repeat this class in summer school." He said

"Thank you so much! So who's my tutor?" I asked.

"Gabriel Michaels come here please." He said

I turned around and see Gabe coming over here. "What do you need teach?" Gabe said sarcastically.

"What? You're having this dumbass over here tutor me. Can I have a different tutor?" I asked.

"This dumbass has an A in my class." He said.

"So what do you want me for?" Gabe asked while glaring at me.

"You are Parker's new tutor, Good luck you'll need it." The teacher said.

I walked out of the room and into the hallway.

"Parker!" Gabe yelled.

I turned around and raised an eyebrow at him saying yeah.