Welcome

Lisa's pov

"We are probably doing too much. The girl is gonna be creeped out," Jill said, standing on a chair, hanging a banner that said, "Welcome to Arsenal, Vivianne."

"Naah, we need to give her a warm welcome. Joe said we are going to be her first team," replied Katie.

"I still don't get how she has never played for a club, yet we signed HER over so many other amazing players... She probably bought her way in," I told the girls.

"Joe said she is brilliant on the pitch," said Lia, hanging the balloons.

"Even if she is, she has no experience. She hasn't even played for a national team," I said back.

"Where is she from anyways?" asked Jordan.

"Joe said her parents' job makes them frequently move from place to place. They're considered "International Citizens" and that's why Vivianne hasn't played for a national team. Technically, she can play for any country, but she hasn't decided on a side yet," Kim answered.

"Oooooo, I like that. I wonder what their job is... Soooo mysteriooouuss," said Daan waving her hands around.

"Alright, enough chit-chatting. They're almost here and we don't want her to walk in on us discussing her life and her worthiness to be here," said Kim.

Little did she know, Joe and Vivianne were already standing by the door. When she saw them, she immediately blushed and put her head down.

"Surprissseee," yelled Katie, trying to save us all from the embarrassment.

"Welcooommmee," we said after her.

She looked like a stone-cold statue. No facial expressions at all. It felt like she hated the thought of being in the same room as us.

Then she finally showed a little smile and strictly said, "Thank you."

What the hell is her accent?

We cut the cake that had "Miedema 11" on it and had a little party. It was really fun, but she didn't seem to enjoy it much.

The girls tried to get to know her better, but her answers were short and vague. It was obvious that she did not want to tell us about her family or her past.

DVD was not going to give up, though. She had made it her personal mission to find out where Vivianne's parents worked. However, she wasn't able to steal any information, no matter what she did.

Disappointed in herself and a bit offended by Vivianne's rude answers, she went to Beth and sat in her arms for the rest of the evening without saying a word.

Not a great start to everything.

hi :)

thanks for reading the first chapter of my new book. i'll be updating it every day and sometimes even twice a day.

i really hope you're gonna like and enjoy the story))

hope you have a great day <3