48

Two glasses laid on the table, the lights of the kitchen making the golden liquid glimmer. Two boys sat opposite and one had already drunk half of his glass while the other traced the rim of it with his finger.

"You should've seen the way they looked at us, Jungkook," Taehyung says, letting his finger fall from the rim to the side, catching the condensation on the glass.

It had been a few days since Taehyung and Laila returned home, and Taehyung wanted to be over it, but he wasn't. Every time he thought about it, his chest hurt and anger pricked under his skin.

What made it worse was that it was the elder's birthday, and he should be having fun. But instead, he was sulking with his barely drank beer.

"I bet it felt like shit," Jungkook nods, knowing all too well what it felt like to be discriminated against just for his skin. "What was the deal he gave?"

"70, 30. 70 his way."

"Fuck that," Jungkook snorts, shaking his head. "You'd barely earn a dime with that asshole."

"Right," Taehyung mutters, letting out a long sigh.

Jungkook eyes the clock on the microwave and smiles a bit, standing up.

"Well, hey, it's your birthday, man," he says. "Let's go get our girls and celebrate."

"I don't know," Taehyung shrugs.

"Get up and grab your coat."

Taehyung sighs, following the ravenette to his own house across the street. When he opened the door, he squinted his eyes at the darkness and reached his hand out, flicking his forefinger against the switch.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Taehyung blinked in surprise as his work friends, the gang, Rosie and Laila popped confetti and cheered. He smiled shyly as they all began to sing, and as they did, Laila walked forward with his cake, a wide smile on her lips.

"Happy birthday, baby," she grins.

Taehyung was bombarded with gifts and congratulations and stuffed with so much pizza he was probably bloated, but he was so incredibly happy being surrounded by his family and friends.

The party continued, cake being passed around and stories being told until they were bubbling with laughter. Namjoon may have broken a vase and possibly popped a balloon or two, but other than that, everything went by smoothly.

When everyone had left, and Jungkook had dragged Rosie to his house, which really didn't surprise Taehyung, he was left alone with Laila. The girl who had been waiting to get him alone all night long.

"So," he grins, sliding a hand over her hip.

"So," she giggles, placing a hand on his chest. "Are you ready for your other gift?

"You got me more?" Taehyung asks, his eyebrow raising.

Laila smirks, tiptoeing her fingers up until she grabs his chin in her hand. "You have to sit on your bed until I'm ready, okay?"

Taehyung practically ran to his bed after that, and he tapped his fingers against his knees as he waited anxiously. It was when the knob started turning that he sat up straighter, watching with wide eyes as Laila walked out of the bathroom.

Taehyung's jaw dropped. He had to blink several times to make sure he wasn't dreaming, to make sure that Laila, his Laila, was actually standing in front of him in a lavender, lacy bra and underwear set.

"Baby," he says shakily, looking up at her as she stands in front of him.

"What do you think?" she laughs, turning in a slow circle. "Do I look pretty?"