46

Laila shivered as she shut her car door, the pad of her thumb pressing against the lock twice until she heard the car beep. The weather was getting colder, and she tightened her coat around her as she braved through the wind into the warmth of J's Company.

She heads towards the receptionist desk, where Taehyung was leaning his side on the desk counter with a small smile. Except, his smile was directed towards Chloe, and Laila felt her stomach twist.

She tries to shake it off because, of course, that is a coworker of ours. He's allowed to have friends who are girls, and he's bound to make them at his work. However, when Chloe's hand fell on his, and she batted her eyelashes at him, Laila cleared her throat angrily.

"Oh, hey, baby," Taehyung smiles softly. "You're a bit late, you kno-"

"Don't baby me," Laila hisses before smiling sweetly at Chloe. "My boyfriend and I really must be going. Have a nice night."

Taehyung stumbles after her as Laila drags him away, his mind going a million miles per minute.

"Are you okay?" he asks hesitantly as he pulls the blanket over himself.

"I'm fine," Laila says, rather shortly, as she tightens her fingers on the steering wheel.

Laila hates feeling jealous, but she can't help it. It's one thing that she knows Chloe has a thing for her boyfriend, but it's another just acknowledging how handsome Taehyung is. Anyone with a brain would want him to themselves.

When they park, they sit in silence, the tension thick in the air.

"Okay, get out," Taehyung says, his voice firm as he pops open the handle of his car door.

"What?" Laila frowns. "It's late and Rosie-"

"Rosie's at Jungkook's tonight, so get your ass out of the car and get inside."

Laila's eyes widen as she unbuckles herself, and she follows him into the house and up to his room. She watches as he sits on the end of the bed and loosens his tie with a sigh before his dark eyes fall onto her.

"What's going on with you?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at the scoff he gets in return.

"Oh, nothing," Laila replies sarcastically, crossing her arms. "Other than the fact that some bitch can't keep her hands to herself."

"What are you—Chloe? Is this about Chloe?" he asks in exasperation.

"No, it's about Jimin," Laila replies snarkily.

"Watch it," Taehyung growls, standing up.

"Watch what?" she snaps, letting her arms out before letting them slap back against her thighs. "She's the one flirting with you! She even told me you were busy when I tried to visit you, remember that? If she can't keep her filthy ass hands off of you and watch her mouth, I'll-"

Her sentence was cut short as Taehyung stalked forward and gripped her chin, forcing her head back as he looked down at her angrily.

"Why are you being like this?" he growls, eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"Because I love you!" Laila shouts, pushing his chest to put distance between them. "For fuck's sakes, Taehyung, I love you! And if she-"

"Shut the fuck up, you brat," he seethes, putting a hand on the back of her neck and smashing his lips onto hers.

The kiss was angry, dirty, and full of confession. Her fingers tugged at his hair as his hands slid down to her waist, the frustrated kiss turning into long, passionate ones that showed their feelings for one another.