40

"So where are you now?" Laila asks.

"The Petit Palais," Taehyung replies, one of his hands holding his phone to his ear as he admires a painting. "You should be here."

"I wish I was."

"You would love it," Taehyug reassures her, a small smile tugging at his lips. "I would love it."

"Well when you become a worldwide famous artist and make big bank, you can take me," she laughs.

"Wow, you're gonna use me for my money?"

"Yeah, you can be my personal sugar daddy."

Taehyung chokes on his spit and walks towards the corner of the room so he can keep an eye on Rosie.

"I really do miss you," Taehyung murmurs.

"I miss you too," Laila sighs. "But I'm excited to see your drawing tonight! Are you sure you won't spill a hint?"

"I'm sure," he laughs. "You'll just have to wait and see."

"Fine," she sighs dramatically.

"Rosie's heading my way, so I have to go," Taehyung says. "Don't forget to go tonight."

"I won't!" Laila laughs at his persistence. "Send me more pictures, too!"

"I will," Taehyung smiles, and then he ends the call, his heart warming after a refreshing conversation with the girl he missed most.

***

The art exhibition was flooding with people, the paintings and drawings of the students hung up on the walls. Laila was more than excited to figure out what Taehyung's drawing was going to be. He seemed very tenacious about her coming tonight, and she didn't want to let him down.

"Excuse me?" she says, approaching a host. "Can you tell me where Kim Taehyung's painting is?"

"Ah," the host smiles, nudging his head to the right. "Towards the end. You can't miss it."

Laila threads through the people, the anticipation building in her chest as she walks quickly. She was so close to revealing his secret.

And when she did, she was breathless.

There, standing in a golden frame, was a portrait of Laila. She was resting the side of her head on her palm and drawing something, a small smile on her lips.

It was beautiful. Taehyung had managed to capture her thick lips, small dimples, and every single curl. It looked like he had taken a picture of her, that's how accurate the drawing was.

Tears were filling her eyes and she pressed her fingers to her lips, moved by his piece.

"It's someone... that I really like."

Laila gives a watery laugh at the memory of Taehyung's hint. She guesses that was his way of trying to tell her he liked her.

She swore Taehyung couldn't get any cuter.

"Oh, wow! That's you, right?" a person nearby asked in excitement. "You're the woman in the drawing!"

"Uh, y-yeah, that's me," Laila says bashfully, nodding her head.

"Can I take your picture?" he asks, his hopeful eyes wide.

Now Laila doesn't know how she got into this position, but she somehow had people crowding around her and the drawing to take her picture. People were practically awing at the beauty of the drawing and of herself.

"I really should be going now," she says, a bit shy from all the attention.

To say Laila was surprised to see those pictures all over the media the next day would be an understatement.