Chapter 3: Years of Hell and Ray of Hope

"Talking"

"Talking"

'Thinking'

''ALL MIGHT SPEAKING"

3rd POV:

We see Izumi, Katsuki, Katsumi, Shoto, and Shoka walking towards Izuku, who had foolishly thought that they were coming to play and comfort him. Oh, how wrong he was. Katsuki/Kachan, Izuku's nickname for him, was the first to speak. "Izuku, do you still want to be a hero?" Thinking his friends were just curious, Izuku responded, "Yeah, of cour-," but he was cut off, by an explosion to the face. Surprisingly, by Katsumi, or Kat as Izuku called her. Now it wasn't surprising she was going to hit him, what was surprising that she was the first one to hit him. It took just as much if not more effort to convince Katsumi to bully Izuku compared to Izumi.

It took a moment for everyone to register what was happening, but when it did, "K-Kat w-what are y-you d-doing," Izuku asked shakily.

As Izuku's eyes roamed the scene for a moment, he saw Katsuki and Izumi smirking, while Shoto and Shoka or Sho and Sho-chan, as Izuku called them, had a sad face. Then, "DON'T CALL ME THAT YOU USELESS DEKU," Katsumi growled as she sent an explosive (A.N literally) punch to Izuku's gut, making him stumble. Izuku then heard another explosion, courtesy of Katsuki flexing his quirk, who said, "A quirkless loser like you doesn't deserve to call us nicknames because they're useless losers who can't do anything!" "And yet, you still want to be a hero? A quirkless Deku like you can't do that," Izumi added, as she activated her quirk, levitating small rocks. "But I can tr-" Izuku tried to say, only to get cut off by a rock cutting his left cheek. Deep enough for the cut to bleed, but not deep enough for it to scar. ''P-please I-I just w-wanna be a h-her," but Izuku was once again it off when Katsuki, Katsumi, and Izumi started attacking him.

With every hit, Izuku thought back to Yami's words, but the one that was present the most was, 'When it hurts observe, life is trying to teach you something.' It wasn't until he looked at Shoto and Shoka for help, and they ignored him that life's 'lesson' kicked in. He thought, 'It's surprising how fast someone can become a stranger.' Katsuki, Katsumi, and Izumi only stopped the beating when recess ended. After the beating, Izuku hoped someone would help him but no one did, as the news of his quirkless status had already spread.

(Time skip to the end of pre-school)

Izuku had spent the rest of the day wallowing in his pain. He had barely mustered up enough strength to get when the rest of the children had started leaving. The Yagi twins were picked up by their mother, who didn't mention Izuku's scrapes and burns as she had thought that Izuku's injuries were from roughhousing, and he would learn to stop roughhousing with kids with quirks. Neither had mentioned the beating to their mother for different reasons. Izuku's was to not get called a liar. (A.N Izuku had always known that Izumi was the favorite., and his parents would always side/believe Izumi over him). Izumi just didn't want to get in trouble. When the 3 had reached their home, Inko had played with Izumi and cooked for everyone minus Izuku, who ate leftovers. When Toshi had come home, Izuku decided to have a talk with his parents about the beatdown, excluding Izumi's involvement. For the fact that he still loved her and the previously mentioned reason. Sadly when he began to speak his parents said, "Not now ." After this day Izuku fell into a routine. Wake up, shower, get dressed, eat an apple, go to pre-school, get beat up at recess, get up at dismissal, get home, eat leftovers, get ignored when trying to talk about the bullying, and finally sleep. Rinse and repeat this cycle for 2 years, until elementary.