Part 19

POV: Alice
I saw Nova throwing the petals everywhere and I even heard Thomas chuggle, that give me butterflies. I really like him but this is going so fast I don't really want to do this. Then I heard the song were me and my mother needs to enter. I took a deep breath and looked at my mother. She nodded with a sweet smile and I nodded back. She knew I had no other choice and I think it was hurting her to see me go. We started walking, my mother on the right side of me and everyone was looking but I was only looking at Thomas. I saw a tear falling on his face and I giggled by that. He looked very handsome really looking like a prince. He had some white pants, a white blazer jacket, a light blue blouse under it and some white boots. Around his torso was a belt with a sword on it and he also wore white gloves. He was looking handsome in everyway. I was now standing infront of Thomas, my mother kissed my cheek and gave my hand to him, he smiled friendly. She took my bouguet and went to her seat with Nova. Everyone was quite and looking at us. Thomas was holding my hands looking into my eyes. "You look beautiful, love." He whispered and I smiled while blushing.

The priest starts to speak. "We are gathered together on this day to witness and celebrate the marriage of Thomas and Alice. We come together not to mark the start of a relationship, but to acknowledge and strengthen a bond that already exists. This ceremony is a public affirmation of that bond and as their dearest family and friends, it is our honor and privilege to stand witness to this event.
This day is made possible not only because of your love for each other, but through the grace and support of your family and friends. It is our hope that your fulfillment and joy in each other will increase with each passing year.
Marriage is a commitment in life, where two people can find and bring out the very best in each other. It offers opportunities for sharing and growth that no other human relationship can equal, a physical and emotional joining that has the promise of a lifetime."

I looked into Thomas' eyes not wanting to look away. I was getting nervous with any minute. My breathing was getting shorter. Thomas started to squeeze my hand to let me know everything is alright and for some reason it calmed me a little.

The priest goes on. "Seeing that no moment is without meaning, we ask that you take this marriage as a beginning of your lives together. Today signifies the creation of a new home and a new family for you both. May you be fulfilled by each other's love and friendship. May you be overjoyed by the promises you are about to make and the life together you will create.
Remember that in every marriage, there are good times and bad, times of joy and times of sorrow. Marriage is a journey - a time of adventure and excitement enhanced by the love, trust, dedication and faith you share in one another.
May the promises you make to one another today, be lived out to the end of your lives. Tomorrow can bring you the greatest of joys, but today is the day it all begins.
Thomas and Alice, do you, with your family and friends as your witnesses, present yourselves willingly and of your own accord to be joined in marriage?"

Thomas and I looked at the priest and both said at the same time. "We do." He more sure then I was because I was not doing this willingly.

"Will you promise to care for each other in the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together?"

Again we looked at the priest and said. "We will."

"Then we start with the vows now." He smiled at us and looked at Thomas first.

"Thomas, please repeat after me.
I, Thomas, take you Alice, to be my wedded wife"

"I, Thomas, take you Alice, to be my wedded wife"

"I give to you in the presence of these witnesses"