Part 8

POV: Alice

Lily and Clare took me to another room with a bathtub in the middle of the room. The room was not as big as my room but still very beautiful: it had no windows but the light came from a beautiful chandelier, on the floor were blue and white floor tiles and the walls were painted a light blue. Even the bathroom was breath taken. The bath was already filled with water and a lot of bubbles.

"When your ready, you can take your clothes off." Lily told me, I was confussed and shocked are they gone stay and watch me take a bath? "Uhm... Are you two gone stay?" I asked kinda uncomfortable. "Yes, we are going to help you with your bath. We need to do that orders from the king, every guest needs to be treated like there the king or queen." Clare said and I did not like the sound of that. "Can you maybe... I mean... not to sound rude, but turn around." I asked them, trying to sound nice and not mean. The smiled friendly and nodded, they turned around and I took off my clothes. I put my clothes on a chair and stepped in the bathtub, it was very warm and kinda nice.

"You can turn around now." I said too the two girl and they did what I told them, I was happy with so many bubbles. Lily took two washcloths and told me to rest my right arm on the bathtub and she asked me to do the same with me left leg. Lily was cleaning me with her washcloth on my right arm and Clare did my left leg. It kinda felt nice but I was still not comfortable. They both told me to switch so I did. It was silence the whole time untill Lily spoke. "Is there something bothering you?" She asked, I didn't know how to answer. 'afcourse there is something bothering me, I'm here without my mother and sister.' I thought. "Well, I was thinking. What is the prince like? Why would he choose me to be at his ball? How does he even know me? I'd never met him." I asked trying to hide me sadness and fear, Lily and Clare both looked at each other and then back at me. Lily started with talking "The prince had a rough time when his mother died, so he is changed sinds then." "About how he knows you I think you need to ask that him yourself." Clare finished, my questions were not answered but also answered I was so confussed.

The girls were done and told me to get out of the tub. "Can I dry myself? The king doesn't have to know you didn't help me." I asked, the two girls looked shocked and questioningly at each other. Lily took some undergarment and a pink silk bathrobe, she laid it down on another chair together with a towel. She took my old clothing and both the girls walked towards the door. "We will wait outside, take your time." Clare smiled and the both walked out the door.

I stepped out the bathtub and dried myself off. I put on the undergarment and bathrobe that Lily gave me and took a deep breath. 'Is this really my life now?' I thought. I relaxed my muscles and walked out of the door, just like Clare said they were waiting there. They walked me back to my room to get ready for tonight.