New car

Gia's Pov

I wanted to buy a car, I had been planning for it since long. I had also made some savings. I thought of Alex and Ana, they will be so happy. I took all the leaflets of different models of cars, that could fit in my budget and went to cafeteria. Nathan will be the best person to guide me on which car to buy.

I placed all the leaflets in front of Nathan.

"Pick the best" I told him

"Ohh! You are gifting me a car" he asked mischievously.

"Sorry, but I can afford just one. For me."

"You are buying a car?" Cini shouted with excitement. I asked her to keep her volume low. We were surrounded by so many people.
Nathan got busy in studying the leaflets.

"Whoes buying a car?" Richard asked coming towards our table.

"You came back early?" I asked him surprised, He was supposed to come tomorrow. I gave him smile, which he didn't return. He just stared at me.

"Ya, it got a bit boring, so whoes buying the car?" He asked again looking at me.

"Gia is..." Cini said but Richard cut her off.

"Why?" He asked me as if I was doing some crime.

"It helps to commute better..." I said as matter of fact.

"You know to drive?" He still had this annoyed tone.

"No, but Nathan will be teaching me. And even dad knows to drive." I said quickly.

"Ya?? Ya, I will" Nathan said,

"Its not normal city roads out here. This is a hilly terrain, its difficult to drive around here. You will need a driver." Richard said. What he was saying was right, but I will learn to drive. It can't be the most difficult thing in life.

"I can't afford a driver."

"So forget about the car" Richard said dominatingly.
Nathan coughed at that comment of Richard.

"WHAT? Why are you deciding for me." Now he was annoying me.

"Because I... It's final, No. Driver. No. Car.
And if you are done here, we need to discuss next project." He said and walked away.

"What is wrong with him." I said angry.

"He lost Angela and Theo in car accident" Nathan said sadly.

I know but still...this not the way to talk to me.

__________

Nathan's Pov

"What was that?" I said after Richard and Gia went away.

"Why was Mr Hanks so pissed?" Cini asked confused.

"Gia is making things difficult and he is running out of patience I think."

"I told you before too. This is not gonna be easy." Cini said.

"Hmm. But what I saw that day...."

"What did you see?" She asked me impatiently. I sighed.

"We were at Richard place, they both were in kitchen making dinner. I just went there to check and they were this close. Almost kissing. I indicated their closeness with my index fingers almost touching.

"WHAT!!!" Cini almost yelled.

"Shhh! " I made her quite.

"Ok ok, what you did then?" She whispered.

"I just turned around and left. I think I ruined their moment because Gia came out just behind me." I whispered back. Cini looked disappointed.

_________

Gia's Pov

I went to Richard cabin after our encounter at cafeteria. I was angry at him. Why was he behaving like this.

As I entered, he looked at me. He pointed towards the trophy at my desk.

"Thats yours" he said

I was sitting in his cabin now as we had to work together. Mr Wilson insisted on it.
I went and sat on my chair.

If he thinks he can stop me from buying a car then, he can keep dreaming.

"Umm. I will pick you up at 6 from your place today". He said out of no where.

"Pick me?" I got confused, where were we going.

"You forgot?" We are going to celebrate after I return. Remember???. He asked getting irritated.

"Ummm ya, I remember" I said looking away.
Oh god he will not listen, if I declined. I wil have go, I suppose.

Richard Pov

I reached Gia's place at around 6 pm. Today was the day. I wanted to tell her about my feelings, I was done with all the uneasy and awkwardness we have towards each other. All those unspoken words had to be spoken. She too had feelings for me, I know but she will not accept that. I had to be stern with her, if I ever want us to be together.

I called her to inform that I was waiting for her outside. She came out wearing a beautiful lavander dress, hair tied in messy bun and not makeup except for a lip gloss. To me she looked perfect, not just perfect but enthralling. I stared at her, like was memorizing her every feature. She blushed a bit with the way I was looking at her but I was not gonna hold back, not today. 

I opened the car door for her to get in, she quickly got inside and I went on other side to drive. We drived in complete silence. I took her to one of the far off restaurant which was my favourite. It took us 45 minutes to reach there. 

I ordered food for both of us, not bothering to ask what she would like to eat. I myself don't know why I am acting in such way. We ate in silence. Jia is getting a bit apprehensive, she keeps looking at me. She must be confused like hell. 

"I thought we are here to celebrate" she said with a small smile. I still don't say anything and stare at her. She shifts a bit in her chair feeling uncomfortable.

"Are you ok?... Is something bothering you?" She asked me with concern. When I didn't reply, she continued.

"About that car....I want it for kids and dad...They will be so happy. And I understand your concern, really...you teach me to drive, if its ok with you...umm...I know you lost your family in a car... accident..I.."

I was so happy, she was trying to explain me, convince me, that proved, I matter to her. 

"You know I told her many times not to drive, but she never listened and see what happened. I lost them both. After that, I had no reason to live.. I had failed miserably, in saving them and in my attempts of being with them." She looked at me terrified.

"Yes, I tried twice. I was in total darknesss. I so badly wanted to be with them...and it dragged me to this numb.. unconscious state. So I drank to forget everything, I still don't remember how thoes 2 years went by...but that changed, when I... Saw....her."

I paused to look at Gia, she was tensed. She took a sip of wine avoiding looking at me. I continued.

"When I first looked into her eyes, they mesmerized me, I felt the instant connect, like I know her since ages. She was the most beautiful person I had come across. As I got to know he more, she was constantly in my thoughts. I, myself was not able to understand these feelings. I was angry at myself, I felt like I was...l was betraying Angela."

I had tears in my eyes. Angela was everything to me, still is. But my heart now beats for the most selfless woman in front of me. 

"This girl helped me unknowingly, to come out of my numb state. Gave me hope to live again, made me sober to be aware of my surroundings and made me realise, what I had been missing with my life. You know, she is the most beautiful and amazing person. I have fallen in love with her. I have accepted my love for her and all I want now is to make her mine."

I gulped the wine from my glass and looked in her eyes.

"Do you know, who this girl is?" I asked her. 
I reached out my hand to take hers in my hand. I know she will withdraw her hand immediately so hold it tightly.

"That girl is... you Gia"