Stranger

Gia POV

I was turning and tossing around in my bed deprived of sleep. My brain was working overtime and it was irritating me. I wanted to sleep as I had to get up early. But all I was doing was thinking unnecessary things.

On one side I was so excited for the new project that Mr Wilson bestowed me with, and on other side I had to work with Richard! Why 'him' of all person. He was not even in design team. He was an Architect, so why?
Why was this project not given to design team? There were lots of questions.

Ok so be it. If its him then 'HIM'. I am not a teenage girl to get awkward around him. Its time to act professional, and get with the work in hand done. Better concentrate on the concepts rather than be worked up on unwanted feelings. From tomorrow it will be as professional as it should be.

I just have to get that firm in my head, with that last thought I doze off.

Next morning...
Alarm went off right at 5am as everyday.

"What??, I just closed my eyes"

I went to tap my hand on bedside table to switch off alarm before it wakes up Ana, sleeping peacefully besides me. I hug her and kiss her soft cheeks. My little princess.
She can sleep a bit more. Then I head to my washroom.

Within two hours everything was set. kids had bathed and were ready in their uniforms, breakfast was ready, our lunch boxes were ready, school bags were arranged, I was ready for work. Phew!

After our breakfast, I send kids outside to wait as dad will take them to bus stop. I go and grab my bag and come out to see my dad placing a shaky tool in entrance, below ceiling lamp to change the bulb. Shit!, he has been asking me to do it since two days.

He was about to climb up

"Hey! hey! hey! Dad, what are you doing?"

"Changing the damn bulb, won't be able to do it in evening, once it turns dark." he said matter of factly.

"Can't it wait? I will do it later" I said getting impatient. I need to go to work.

"Its been waiting for two days" my dad said.

I rolled my eyes to that. And put my bag on floor talking bulb from his hands.

"I will do it now"

I start climbing on stool. Oh god its too shaky. Dad holds it firm for me. As I stand on the stool landing and stretch my hand up, I realise I am not able to reach the lamp. Ok wow! Now I have to stand on my toes on this stool to reach it.

I somehow reach the lamp, remove the old bulb and fix the new one. I start descending as fast as I can. What I see is, both my kids standing near stool with their hands stretched up.

"What are you both doing?"

"We were gonna catch you, if you fall" Alex told me. I was taken back a bit. My kids. I love them.

"Never do that, If I fall on you, you both will be crushed" I scold them and they start giggling. I shook my head and kiss them on cheeks, Alex tries to move away, but I succeeded.

I turn to my dad wanting to say something
But he stops me with his hand.

"I know all your instructions by heart now"
He told me.

I pout my lips to that and sulk a bit. Waving my hand at them I start walking towards work.

After few stepsI hear a car honking behind me. The whole street it empty, why is he still honking. I move aside a bit still walking.
The driver honks again, whats his problem?

I stop walking and look behind, a car comes to stop besides me and driver rolls down the
Window.

A very handsome face looks at me.

"Hey Gia, come in I will drop you" he says with a smile.

I just look at him confused. Do I know him? I don't think so. Even if you are that handsome, I am not getting in. I know the rules, 'never get in a car with strangers.'

But than, he knows my name.

I start walking again bit faster.