Gia Davis

Gia Davis

It had been two weeks, I started working here. I love this job, this office, my cubical, my computer, I just love everything here. My dream job, that will secure my future and future of my family. This job is so important for me that I can do anything thing to keep it, nothing and absolutely nothing is gonna ruin my opportunity this time. I will see to it.

It was not easy to get this job after the break of 5 long years. I had wasted those years going away from work, but I managed, to get this job, and I am giving it my full dedication.

Ok; so here I am a Sr. Designer at Wilson group, no 'THE WILSON GROUP' One of the largest group of chain hotels in the world.

They have the huge number of hotels and resorts all over the world. One right here, were the headquarters is, was their first resort they ever started. Initially it was a small block, but now it's a sparkling villa resort with all the luxurious amenities, and the view is breathtaking.

And back in there is our two-story structure that houses all the departments, like Admin, HR, Marketing, Design, Finance etc. One entire floor is dedicated to the recreational activities. They made this small hamlet tucked away in the mountains their headquarters to stay rooted and grounded to the base. That surely is an inspiration.

As I was in my thoughts Cini, my colleague and friend, nudged me.

Cini is the only person I got close to in here, thought, I am cordial with everyone, but she is a friend. Advantages of being neighbors, I think, and also being ears to all her chatters and gossips.

She is full of life, bubbly and vivacious; with her slim frame, curly hair and bright hazel eyes full of amusement, you can just adore her.

"Steve is coming this way" she said

I saw where she was indicating and yes, Steve, my immediate boss, was coming towards my cubical.

The only sting in this perfect setting was him. I don't know why he has a problem with me! No he is never rude with me, but he just is unpleased with my work, pointing out smallest and non-existing mistakes.

"Miss Davis, the images you send are not up to the mark" he said with frown on his face.

I raised my brows to that comment and got up from my seat.

"Just do the necessary improvements and send it again" he just said that and left.

What were these improvements that needed to be done, according to him, he never mentioned.

With a frown on my face, I sat down.

"He hates you" Cini chuckled

"Tell me something new" I said.

And with that we both started laughing.

Actually it didn't bother me much, even if I send him the same image, without his so-called improvements, he won't even notice.

'He just likes to annoy you' I told my self.