Viktor

Richard POV

I was super excited and happy. I was going to Gia's place for breakfast. It was a small step towards creating a bond with her family. yesterday when I was there to help Gia with Alex, they were so compassionate towards me. I meet her father, he was such a kind man, in his late fifties. He seemed to be a sensible and practical person. The way he was looking at me, it looked like, he was searching for some answers.

And the little princess, Ana. She is just adorable. She had my heart on the first look.
Alex was just like the kids his age. Confused! They are not kids anymore and still they are not adults. Its a difficult situation to be in.

When I parked my car in front of Gia's house and got all the goodies I bought for kids, my eyes fell on a man standing on the entrance porch leaning on the frame, with a mug in his hand. He was very handsome with jet black hair and tan complextion. He had this aura of dominance and authority around him. He must be around my age. I wondered who he was.

Brother?...Cousin?...friend? Or...

As I got near, he looked at me and frowned.

"Yes?" He asked now standing in attention.

What do I say, he asked as if I was intruding in his house.

"Umm.. Mr Davis?" I said.

He nodded and shouted for Gia's dad.

"Dad, someone is looking for you" he shouted looking inside the house.

'Dad' I was relieved, he is her brother.

Mr Davis came out and gave a bright smile when his eyes fell on me.

"Mr Hanks, please come in." He said.

"Please call me Richard" I told him while climbing the steps and coming face to face with that guy.

"Viktor that's Mr Richard Hanks. He is Gia's colleague and he helped her yesterday with Alex. I invited him for breakfast." Mr Davis said.

"And this is Viktor Kent, Gia's..." He stopped with introduction.

I froze, he was Gia's what?...I didn't want to know. Yet again I was waiting desperately to know.

"He is Alex and Ana's father." He finally said.

Ohhh... The Ex!

Viktor extents his hand towards me.

"Thanks Richard, for your support. Our Gia is so naive, she needs help everytime. Yet I am grateful that she has people like you around her to help." He said in cold voice.

Did he actually say that? What kind of jerk is he, I was just not able to believe it. Anyways I give him a quick handshake and went inside. He follows right behind us.

The house is unusually quiet. Gia is no where to be seen. Little Ana is having her breakfast. I went up to her.

"Hey princess, see what I got for you" I gave her the bags. She looked at me and gave a small smile. What happened to the cheerful Ana?

She took the bags and kept them on table.

"Ana kent, where are your manners?" A voice boomed across. That was Viktor.

The little girl flinched at his voice.

"Thank you uncle Richard for the gifts. It was really nice of you." Ana said. I just patted her head and smiled at her.

"Please have a seat Richard, lets have breakfast." Mr Davis said.

I sat on the seat next to Ana. Viktor sat on the other side of Ana and Mr Davis opposite Viktor. Breakfast was already laid on table. Pancakes, toast, egg, and hot coffee.

Just than Gia came in. She was all set for office wearing a formal pants and shirt with her hair left open and wet. I kept looking at her and she smiled at me.

"Good morning Richard" she said.

"Good morning Gia" I replied. Just then I noticed Viktor was staring at me. I diverted my focus on the food and started with my breakfast.

Viktor got up from his place

"Gia, you sit here." He held her by shoulders and made her sit on the chair and kissed her hair. I pretended not to notice. Then he sat on chair next to mine placing Ana on his lap.

"Richard, what you do at Wilson group?" Viktor asked me.

"I am their chief Architect and one of the Directors."

"Oh! Wow Director of Wilson group, impressive. Then you are Gia's boss" he said with smirk.

I shrugged it off.

"Gia has soft corner for her bosses." He said

All three of us were glaring at him. This man was not only arrogant and snobbish but the biggest as*****.

"I mean, I was his boss once" Viktor said with fake laughter.

After that we had our breakfast in complete silence.