Chocolate Mousse

Gia POV

I saw him staring at me. I just don't know why he was doing that.

Is he really staring at me, or is he lost in his oblivion with his head in my direction?

Or he may even have gone to sleep with his eyes open.

I know he is devastated, and grieving for the loss. He had my full sympathy. But still, he was scary.

I don't know what is more devastating, loosing you soulmate to god, or loosing them to some other person?

I just push those thoughts behind back of my mind and get back to work, not daring a single glace in his direction. When it was 5:30pm, I grabbed my things and leave for the day. I had task awaiting me at home. Kids had demanded noodles for dinner today. So I had to go to supermarket, get the needed ingredients and head back home.

By the time I reach home, they are waiting for me sitting at front steps. They come running at me and hug me as they see me at gate. They had just started school. I was happy they had got admission in mid term.

Alex was not happy here, he was missing his old school and his friends back home. He was aware that we were too far from our home town. I had heard him that day telling Ana once.

"You know how far we from home? It takes two days by train to get here. We won't be going back soon" he had said with his face hung low.

It was very heartening to hear that, to make them go through this. He was always sulking. He had not made new friends in school. But I know my Alex, he will come around. He knew what I was going through, so he never complained.

He was soo happy when he got whole room for himself. I had converted small study room in this house into his bedroom. He was on cloud nine.

I fell in love with this house, the moment I saw it. It was not big but cosy and cute. With one bedroom, living and kitchen attached to dining area on ground floor and a bedroom and study on upper floor.

Front yard was a small garden with walk way in between leading to front door. Back side had small patio with coffee table and chair.

'my personal favorite place'

I was in the most comfortable state of life, away from all the unwanted people, noises and hustle of big city, I once called home.

Dinner was ready, I called kids and dad.
I had made chocolate mousse for them as a little surprise. They would love it.

When I brought it out after dinner their reaction was to die for.

"Wow awesome, mom!" Alex beamed

"Your the best mom and the best cook" Ana said jumping up and down.

I looked at dad happily.

I was so content and happy at that moment with my life, I didn't want anything else.

__________

Richard POV

I don't know what I was doing siting in my car in front of her house.

I had her address and it was not far from office, so I just drove here.

'why Richard'? I asked myself.

I don't have the answer, I don't know why, I was drawn towards her, and why I was now staring through a window, looking at a small happy family.

It made me feel so lonely.
I had urge of being part of this family. To be one among them. To share the happiness with them, and laugh as if there were no worries in life.

Shocked at my own feelings, I drove from there.