6 ♞ Confidant Investigating

Pearl's P.O.V.

The wrinkly pervert left, leaving me with a sadistic doctor marking me in an excessively painful way. My arms lay limb as I try and look over my shoulder to see what I shall be called. 01 was printed on my left shoulder in dull red.

"Guess I'm left with nothing to do now" sighed the Doc.

He exits the door to probably get a drink or something, he didn't inform me. But he had overestimated the effectiveness of whatever was in that shot.

Thinking this is an opportunity to leave, I took it.

This room that I am in right now should be down stairs of the bedroom I was trapped in. I had assumed this is on like the bottom floor, most likely a basement like room. I had made that assumption from the freezing temperatures, I probably never noticed descending down stairs because I was being inattentive.

The numbing effect on my arms are now wearing off so I decided to execute my plan immediately.

My legs collapsed as I stood up from the wooden chair, my elbows were like pillars keeping me from tumbling down. I should've made more than enough noise for any security to come rushing it, but I'm still alone for now.

Since the chair wasn't an option I had to crawl towards the wall in the most embarrassing way. The sturdy mirror for a floor was as cold as an ice rink and the palms of my hands felt raw from being scraped it against the rough surface. Even though it was freezing, areas where my skin made contact with the floor felt as if it was burning.

But I managed to make it to the wall. the wall was probably a one way window where I can't look outside of my room, everything on the other side will have a clear vision of me, depending on how the glass is being cared for.

It was extremely tiring so I was gasping for air by the end. It seems this area was deserted. I was certain Baron Kelvin would've taken better care of me but grateful to his lack of consideration escaping that room was possible. I rested my back on the glass wall and did a quick scan for injuries that I may not have been aware of. I almost looked like those clingy ladies who wear an unreasonably amount of make up checking their nails, where they check the back of their hand and then an action where they do a thumbs up with with their palms facing upwards.

My eyes set towards to thick metal door which Doctor had left open. Then I found myself curiously looking around for a source of light, it wasn't like it was dark in here or anything. In fact, it was surprisingly bright the room practically giving my skin a purple red hue from the unknown location of the lights.

Stone like fingers rubbed against each other so that I could at least know if I could feel them or not. Using the support of the wall, I get myself back onto my feet and waddle my way towards the dungeon door.

During the time that it took me to reach my exit the door had slightly closed, if it had fully closed then I'm certain it would create an alarming sound. Gently I pushed the door open and it felt surprisingly light as it swayed across the side obediently.

The feet of mine was happy to have returned back onto carpet which I would be more than glad to stand on barefoot than that ice cold rink in that room. My fingers remained rock solid and I calmed my breath after releasing one that I had no knowledge of holding. Perhaps the cause of it would be the suspense of when Doctor or Kelvin was going to return, because they would probably keep me in higher security and most possible give me an environment that may require another attempt at cheating death to even leave.

As I entered the abandoned hallways,I couldn't help but criticise. The architecture were of exquisite quality but poorly arranged. No one places bathroom mirrors in place of a painting with rural frames accenting it.