8 ♞ Confidant Snake Encounter

Sometimes. Some encounters are just not nice. I wondered dangling my legs that have been lacking sunlight.

"Undertaker what are you up to now, you seem pretty excited." I questioned at a silver head who has been slightly creepier ever since receiving a letter from the Earl Phantomhive.

"I'll be making a coffin for a demon, this is a great opportunity to test out my more lethal coffins!" He said rummaging through a bunch if wooden boxes.

I sighed and ignored him as he happily pulled out some swords and weaponry aimed at where the corpse would be placed. I skimmed through this morning's paper and there seems that a Diamond polisher has been caught buying weapons or some sort, his name was either Trudy, Rudely, Woody, no wait I'm certain it's Woodley!

My eyes squinted at a caption. "captured by the Queen's Watchdog."

I had stopped more research after realising public sources wouldn't have valuable information regarding the Phantomhive's, it's most likely I'm the only living human with this much knowledge of that household.

But rumours which no one could tell the difference between the truth and lies, still flew around.

"The Phantomhive boy is only 13, what a young age that is to take up such a big responsibility. Wished that my father would die earlier."

"They say that the Queen's Watchdog would kill to capture criminals, even if the were completely innocent."

"What horrible parents Vincent and Rachael were, leaving their children in this world all alone."

"Although this is only a rumour, but there has been a sighting of a demon at the Phantomhive estate!"

"How I wish to invited to a party hosted by the Phantomhive's, I could perhaps encourage him to change his fiancé so that'd give my daughter a chance."

"They say that the Phantomhive family raises the dead to be their servants."

"A teleportation machine that the Phantomhive is hiding from the general public, how else could he travel so fast even with a carriage?!"

"What a spoilt child the Phantomhive's have, bathed in his parents hard earned fortune while peasants like myself have to force through labour."

"If it wasn't for his noble standing, that son of those plotting parents would be working in my factory."

"Daddy, when's my next Funtom lollipop, you promised we would get one every month, so come on!" I snuck a smile remembering about listening to that one. It's wonderful to hear comments from those not yet corrupted by society.

Now there's a list of things that I didn't expect when returning to London. The Earl still being Lizzy's fiancé, the death of Angelina and most of all I didn't imagine him continuing his father's second job either.

There has been something bothering me though, my existence was just a mess. But that wasn't what was on my mind at the moment, to specify, it would be the crackling sound of paper being fluttered around by the wind.

"Hey Undertaker, what are these tickets for? They seem pretty special and you had snuck out to get them while hiding your presence. What is this Campania cruise ship during April?" My head tilted as my eyes met his fringe unable to see the bright neon green behind the white blinds.

"It's just a little feast I decided to set up. It'd be great if you could invite the last few people on my list" he said while busily setting up more traps and pointed to a scroll on his desk.

I climbed over the chests and crates of coffin decorations, feeling the cold dark wood underneath my bare feet. Every time I jumped, my white gown that I decided to keep from the village would also reach upwards and then inflate when I descended.