7 ♞ Confidant At Library

Undertaker took me into back into the grave digger's store and I got cleaned up. I got stuffed into another dress, but this time it includes a corset.

Ugh, I know. Nobility.

And I found out why it was so cold, it's because winter just past, now it's early spring. Then right now I should be age 11... 12... 13! I'm finally 13. That's great, I've been in that village for 3 years then. That was fun, I hope I see Jim and Luka at some point in the future.

We are preparing for a party which we are going to watch some reaping for entertainment. I believe it's a scheme the Queen has set up to capture a certain dealer. According to Undertaker, we're just going to collect the corpses that was going to stack up.

Before we were about to depart, I went inspect the list of attendance, seeing if there may be anyone suspicious. But there was something I had to go find out about first. Phantomhive.

I enter a grand library, the librarians acknowledge me seeing me wearing a crest. This crest was just a fake though, the heir had died recently and the family's fortune was donated to the yard. They probably won't find out about it being an imitation, unless they're extremely nosy and don't find it rude to be asking nobles for their proof.

I'll get a real crest soon enough.

This library is rather close to the palace, I think younger Victoria would sometimes isolate herself here. That may explain the large collection of books here. Everyone would want to impress a future queen, that would ensure a bright future for sure.

Bookshelves reached the chandeliers, and towered before me. The wall was a cream colour with gold accents. The dark brown carpet tiles formed a chessboard across the room, big enough for people who want to play with actual pawns, but a war horse may be too big for a knight.

Each side had a table and throne like seats for those who drink tea while reading, while others is just a giant love seat or a sofa. I've been to many libraries but this may come close to second in my favourite libraries, that's a pretty big placing, since number one isn't even built by humans.

I approached the most useful shelf, each step echoing throughout the building. Phantomhive.... Phantomhive. I pulled out a book and scanned through it. Everyone written in it was accurate, then after the year 1875 the pages were all blank. The powers of a shinigami are really that unbelievable.

But there was something I found really interesting, everything after the year 1866, the vocabulary and tone of the writer changed. It was almost like after the year 1833, everything was written in first person with their use of words continuously advancing. Like a diary of Claudia Phantomhive.

Her section was pretty empty but I could take note of her death and birth. 5th April 1830 was the day she came into this world and the day she officially left was the date 13th July 1866. Almost matches the dates in the book when it was written by another author.

It seems the book was written by a Phantomhive servant who's name I couldn't recognise. The page after Claudia Phantomhive was a man called, Cedric.K.Ros... and the rest was blurred out other than his birth and death date with an unknown year. 25 March to 28 January, Year of Birth and Death Unknown.

They died before my birth so I was going to change to a more modern book.

But I was interrupted by a sudden sound of conversations, seems like someone higher than a noble came in. They'd probably recognise my fake family crest, so I'd better make a bolt for it.

I regally rushed to the exit and prepared my leave, and just before I went through the door I paused and witnessed a scene. The commotion was on the double Charles, I've met them before, they had attended a sparing tournament that I went to support the Midfords.