1 ♞ Confidant sold to filth

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

In the confinement which I had sat, was a boy who was going to make a contract.

Treated like a criminal, trapped by thick bars, forced to eat, and without the comfort of family and friends. I couldn't get rid of the bars. I couldn't change the food. But, I can be their friends. Everyday I kept a smile on. Making those outside of these bars scoff. With my effort, I managed to make this imprisonment somewhere closer to decent for the others.

I am a not so average young girl, you wouldn't be able to tell from my appearance. I had really short boyish navy hair at this point in my life, pretending to be a future Earl, not a Lady.

Yes, Pretending. I have younger twin brother who was very weak and was often in bed. No one knows he exists, other than me, some very close family friends, and our dead parents.

I think back to when I was brought here. It was our 10th birthday, me and my family were going to celebrating. I ran through the manor, being a child of well known nobles. My father owned a company, people described it as a prosperous enterprise, strongly supported by the wealthy and bourgeoisie, boasted about all around the world.

My father was very caring and we were really important to him. I spent a lot of time with him even during his work, I admired his work, my uncle even called him a genius game-maker once, probably because of his amazing skills. He was arranged to my mother, who was a gentle, kind and a beautiful woman. She has a bit of a playful personality but because of her asthma she often would sit by just watched us play.

Soon after they got married she got pregnant with us. On my tenth birthday morning, the servants were busy with preparations for my birthday. Hearing news that my Aunt was coming, which was my mother's sister, we ran to tell our parents the news that she'll be arriving soon, and that'll she'll finally be let out of the hospital after the carriage accident.

I ran down the empty hallways that had no servants roaming around since they should all be busy with the preparations. With the smile that I always wore, my footsteps echoed through the hall. Smiles always filled our manor, making it inviting to all the visitors who came to the parties that my father likes to host. I stood outside his study wiping my fringe out of my vision. Then I knocked on the large wooden door to my father's study.

Silence. I slowly pulled open the door open agape so that entering would be accessible. In front of me were two bodies owned by my parents. Their extensive and elegant outfits that suits their noble standing was laid out out, concealing two corpses. Seeing everyone in our family portrait lifeless and vulnerable made me shriek with shock while the younger child next to me widened their eyes at the massacre causing my heart to harden.

"Young Master, You've got to flee-" A servant dressed in butler attire attempted to warn us, to escape. But in doing so, an unseen attacker stabbed him from behind, severely injuring him. I had the feeling of something ripping my skin off my back even though it stayed unharmed. The lurking assailant then grabbed us.

♛♝♞♜♖♘♗♔

I fast forwarded my memories to where I was crouching down in a cage and a man with side burs and a trimmed moustache had a discussion with the marketer who was trading me off to some filth for the queens currency.

I listened to their conversation, I was on all fours curiously edging to the front of cheap looking bars, looking through the gap of the black curtains. Two Children were trapped in this enclosure, and one of then was me, and the other child confined himself to the corner of our coop. I started getting dizzy from the despair the boy felt.. My lips felt dry as they stayed open in a confounded fashion, I'm getting thirsty, where do I send in the maid?