2 ♞ Confidant Resting in Peace

"You have given a big sacrifice."

That was the last thing I heard before falling into deaths hands. Literally.

"Wakey Wakey! I've retired, so I'm not here for your soul!"

I peek my eyes open and see a blurry figure since I'm not used to the light. Since I kinda spent a while underground in a cage and all. I couldn't make out the details, but I know I've heard this person before. He must have worked with my father, and I remember meeting him lots too.

"Nice to see you again" I yawned in an unlady like fashion. I knew no one here would mind, so then I sat up. I was laid down on a grassy hill outside a unknown village. I rubbed my temples and squinted at the man who was dressed in black and was holding a staff that I could tell it that was really detailed. With my blurry vision I manage to make put that he was holding large book. With my real name on it. And I could recognise it easily. Blurry vision or not.

"Hope you don't mind me changing your life. Let's hope no one finds out that I broke the rules. Is there any improvements you would like to make. Because it would seem so." This man was a supernatural, not human. Me and my father already knew, he didn't even need to tell us. In fact he didn't need to tell us, we already suspected him since he always knew what we needed.

Yes. There was something I want to change.

I nodded then shut my eyes taking a deep breath, thinking over that I would obviously regret this later.

♜♞♝♚Secret♕♗♘♖

"Thanks for doing my request" And I heard the sound of him closing the book. When he was doing what I had asked him to, I had a conversation on how and why survived. He was really being very mysterious and didn't give me any information that was useful on why he saved me.

I'm gotten used to the lighting, so my sight is back to normal, and the reflection of the beautiful view of the village reflected off my glimmering cyany blue eyes. The wind was blowing off my short navy blue hair.

I was wearing the same attire that I did in those cages, tattered and I looked as if I just survived a twister/typhoon/tornado (Whatever you want to call it) by standing out in the open.

"You can find a way back to London somehow, maybe you can ask this village, here's something you can change into while you're there, bye!" And using his inhuman powers, he was no longer there. But in his place was a elegant white nightgown.

The nightgown was like a foggy kind of transparent and in some certain areas, the tailors layered the fabric in certain areas so that whatever was underneath wasn't showing. The edges were lace, and the nightgown was sleeveless making it perfect for a warm summer night. Next to it was a long piece of ribbon that shined in the sunlight.

I looked back at the village and thought, Wow. It was so green and free, everyone here looked so peaceful. The streets weren't filled with carriages or rubbish making this place so relaxing and clean. I went towards it. I hope this place isn't abandoned.

I sighed in relief seeing little dolls moving around, some where playing with other children of all sizes, the buffer and bigger ones were chopping wood, and the rest were having casual conversations holding heavy looking baskets that looked as if they were personally made.

Near me was a gathering of trees which had branches growing closer to the stump than the other untrimmed topiaries of this size, and the leaves keep hidden anything behind it. I'll change into this so I'll look more presentable. Everyone wore lovely peasant clothing, they weren't made out elegant fabrics or covered with grime and splotches of stains. They were for those who just lived peacefully going on with raising healthy families.