10 ♞ Confidant at the Reunion

I'm dead. He's going to try and pry out all the secrets.

"Undertaker, we'll be taking her for now, Sebastian bring her back to the Manor." Ciel ordered.

"You did a really good job rebuilding the manor." I said, thinking back to my last visit. Every brick was either the same or of better condition, arranged in the same pattern and if there were differences they were covered up well.

"I was not aware that you've seen the original..." Smile was certain that he remembers every important figure that his father has met, but I was a completely new face.

Smile began to ask the servants to prepare to leave, meanwhile I quietly made a request. "Could you please put me down, Mr Sebasdemon?" He looked down and became aware that I knew of his other form. I smiled sweetly, "Please?"

Instead of putting me down, he lowered his head and whispered "Your scent seems familiar, but I don't like other people touching my things," his eyes then flashed red. Wow, possessive. And maybe a bit out of character too. But he sees me as a threat now, but I guess I am. Seems like I'll be getting the in way of his soul sucking ways. I want to save Smile.

"Fine. I'll help myself down." He tightened his grip as I struggled. "Let me go!" I yelled, getting annoyed. "Smile!"

"It would be rude to let a lady walk around without her shoes." Grr, him and his polite act.

"Ugh! Gramps! Help Me!" I said looking at Tanaka. He tensed up realising my choice of words, then surprisingly he reverted into a taller and not so chibi form magically, and walked over to me. I've always called him that, and I was the only one who would call him that, so now he's remembered who I am. "I'm back gramps." And he showed a happy smile to go with mine.

"I'll handle her, could you go fetch the young master's carriages quickly?" Everyone watched as Sebastian placed me down and I jumped out of his grasp to be quickly in an embrace with this old Phantomhive servant who went by the name Tanaka.

He held my head close to his chest, after all he hasn't seen me in three years. My arms stretched around his waist, and my head rested under his chin because of the difference in height. "Welcome back--"

"Pearl. It's Pearl now. I'm so happy to see you again Gramps." Behind the house steward was figure of my height. "Hiya Lizzy!" I greeted, Tanaka stepped out of the way as I went and reintroduced myself to Lady Midford.

Elizabeth Midford's eyes were still red from her previous tears, but it didn't pull the warm feelings from her smile. She had a slight look of confusion but I'll make her remember me soon enough, hopefully.

Me and Lizzy would play together when she wasn't busy with someone else. She was an excellent swordsman, who actually is a woman. Her brother Edward would also sometimes join us when he is not busy with his studies. Lizzy was tutored privately at home, where as Edward goes to one of the most elite academies that their father used to go to.

Francis Midford made sure that both her children did well in swords play, Lizzy just happens to have more talent. She'd always win when she goes against me. But aside from those things, Lizzy was the only one around who I can act as a girl with. We enjoyed looking at gowns having tea parties, she often says she wants to be like me because she thinks I'm cute. But she never did found out my name.

We were friends years ago, back when I was pretending to be an earl. I'd sneak out with a wig with two long pigtails (which is why I like tying my hair up in such), I'd put it on and go around with a gown. I can only do this when my father was home though. I would look like the daughter of a noble which was friends with my father. I would be treated as a guest when I'm dressed up, not even some of the servants knew, not even Lizzy knew.