4 ♞ Confidant Awoken

Pearl's POV

I frantically reached my hand out to whatever I could I get a hold on, forgetting what I was doing here.

"Please wait a little longer, Milady." Replied a slightly annoyed tone with obvious fake enthusiasm. Oh Yes. I remember some of it now.

I was picking some flowers I saw, and was going to give them to Jim and Luka. So I bent down to collect them. Next thing I knew, I was in a completely different place.

I sat on the painted white deck, in the shade of the pastel pink umbrella which sheltered my mother from the rays of the sun as she drank her tea in one of the most valued cups. Earl Grey. I looked at the back yard of elegant rose bushes. Earlier in the morning the petals glowed like the moon, dew drops dripped off the tips of the flowers. And when light came, the small but gorgeous dew drops magnified it and the rose bushes gleamed like stars.

A majestic stone fountain was arranged in the middle of our yard, in the hardened cement, there was rocks that was chiseled to have small details in it. To create a comfortable seat area, the surface of the donut like shaped base, was a collection of smooth stone brick arranged and trimmed to an exact circle. Water reached out to all directions, it was almost as if it was a clear blossom in bloom. Small drops of clean clear liquid landed in tiny version of a small ocean. It gracefully does a ballet routine before it creates a chain of ripples and an unnoticeable rainbow.

Small calming breezes kept my dark navy fringe out of my vision, and I stayed relaxed as ever as two younger children emerged out of the hedges.

The clouds drifted happily spectating their game of role play and I was happy as well. Everyone was, everyone's smiles were so bright, I had almost forgotten them. A child in a frilly pink gown carefully held on to the stem of small violet flower. The boy looked over her shoulders to see her crafting a ring. A blue diamond ring.

A small gust picked up their craft and it rose above the bushes. We watched as it disappeared into the forest where the queen's enemies usually sneaks up on us. The two children, who don't know about the many villainous attempts, and we were called inside by my mother with her dress dancing around at her feet, manipulated by the wind.

"Your Father's here, Come on Ciel."

I stood up dusting my pants, but the younger ones sprinted indoors before me. I hurried after the young noble and maiden, excited to see the one waiting at the carriage.

As I enter through the back door, I entered into a hallway filled with paintings of many commonly painted objects. A fruit bowl, a portrait of a stone man, a battle with clashing swords and many more. Shiny silver pedestals holding decorations, lined up against the wallpaper of creams waves reaching upwards towards a light tan sky.

Lighter but matching curtains were pulled apart, letting light seep through, the natural day time sunlight made the room glow. It was reaching evening soon, so the sun rays would be directed to another angle of my manor.

Leaving the hallway soon after I got in, to find myself in our dining room. A grand long table clothed and any past meals perfectly removed from sight. I walked around the equally spread out seats with elegance and the air of a noble. I glided past the tall display shelf filled with antiques and collectibles delivered from all around the world. Thick glass encased the valuable objects, and main material for creating such a shelf, was clear of any dust. Just like how we liked it.

Into the room with majestic grand staircase where only the best entrances were witnessed. Large, pale and polished white tiles covered the ground with the reflection of our chandelier. Posing at the tips of the chandelier was a large amount of candles which I could've counted easily because of my expensive tutoring, taught only by the most experienced professionals. Each candle was placed on a small golden branch which came of a thicker branch which reached out from the core of the light source. But this was just a basic grand chandelier, unlike the ones which the queen would've installed with her endless praise and wealth.