Karina shrugged and took her jacket off. She sat down in the armchair and crossed her short legs.

"You've never flaunted your money. I didn't realize how rich you were until we got here. When I first met you, the first thing I noticed was your clothes. They looked so expensive and new. Then, I saw that you had an Tesla and I thought, "wow, I've never seen one of those in person.". Then, you told me your parents were doctors and I figured that was why you had all those things."

She nodded and looked around the room.

"I didn't know what being in the mafia really meant until I was about 14. I didn't know what they did. I just knew that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone that my family were apart of the mafia. My parents don't talk about it, but I'm not an idiot. I know that I have what I have because of some form of illegal activity committed by my father. My mom used to tell me that they're the good guys, but wrong is wrong."

"Does it ever scare you?"

"My parents would never intentionally hurt me, but it does scare me that they can be taken away at any time because of what they've done."

"It must've been hard to grow up with so much uncertainty."
"It was. Especially after Aunt Aria was killed."

I nodded and climbed into the armchair she was sitting in and hugged her.

"I love you, okay?"
"I love you too, Lux."

There was a knock on the door and before we could get up, it opened.

"Hey, Princess. Just see-..", Tony trailed off.

We looked up to see him staring at us with wide eyes. I looked down at Karina and then back up to Tony.

I let out out a nervous laugh and climbed off of Karina.

"I-I'm going to see Giovanni.", I quickly exited the room.

Karina

Lux quickly walked out of my room.

I raised my eyebrows and cocked my head to the side.

"Are you okay, dad?"

"Uh..I-I...Yeah, I'm fine. I came to see if you two were hungry."

"We're fine."

He nodded and walked back out of my room.

"That was weird."

I jumped as my phone began ringing.

"Hel-."

"Are we okay?", Kai spoke. Her voice small.

"Kai, what's wrong?"

"I don't know. I was just thinking about what I did and I know that you forgave me, but I s-."

"Kai, just relax. Take a breath, alright?"

I heard her breathe in and slowly breathed out.

"Okay..Okay. Okay."
"Are you okay now?"
"Yeah, I'm okay now. I'm sorry for bothering you with this."
"Kai, you're not bothering me. In fact, you're saving me from having to actually talk to my parents."
"You don't talk about them much. Do you not get along?"

"It's not that. I'm really close with both of them, especially my dad. It's just this whole thing with Bruno. About two years ago, my mom figured out that there was something going on between Bruno and I and we never really talked about it after that day, but now so much has happened between us and I want to tell her because she was so encouraging, but I haven't even told my dad yet and I don't know if I should. My dad would kill him if he knew."

"I know you told me that Bruno and your parents were close, but I don't think it'll be that bad. I mean, you said your mom encouraged it, so obviously she's not upset about it."

"I guess you're right."
"I'm always right."

I began laughing, but it was cut short when I heard someone speaking in the background of the call.

"You ready?", the unfamiliar voice asked.
"Uh..Yeah, I'm ready. I have to go, Karina. I'll call you later.", she said before hanging up.

"Who was that?", I asked myself.

Valeria

"Honey, I think you're being ridiculous. Maybe you misunderstood what you saw."

"She was sitting in Karina's lap in a room full of other furniture. They looked like a couple. I mean, when has she ever brought someone here before."

"Tony, Karina would tell us if she was into girls. They're just friends."

"Look, if she is gay or bi or any other sexuality, I'm fine with it. I just want her to know she can come to us."

"She already knows that. Our kids know that they can come to us for anything.", I said as I sat down in his lap. He kissed my shoulder.

"This is how they were sitting.", he mumbled against my shoulder.

I laughed and stroked his hair.

There was a knock on the door. I got off of Tony, so he could answer the door.

He opened the door and standing there were Giovanni and Anastasia.

"I need a favor."