13. The repentance ~

"Am I doing right, Carl?" Jeonghan asks his butler. He was sitting at the dinner table while Carl was preparing the meal for the night.

"Yes, sir," Carl was so focused on cooking that he didn't even ask about the context he's talking about. But he agrees with his master to assure him.

 "Then why am I feeling bad?" Jeonghan mumbles.

"I thought you loved me." this sentence was echoing in his mind on repeat. He was trying to decipher the meaning behind it. Shua knew I love him? How? Why did he never confront me about this? And the way he said it as if I broke his hope. Does he like me too?

It has been a week since they had their last conversation on the basketball court. Earlier it was Jeonghan who was acting all ignorant towards Joshua and finding the ways to get rid of him, now the dice were turned, it was Joshua who was treating him like any other stranger. Like he never knew someone named Jeonghan before. But now the matter was worse because of how he has warned Jeonghan not to show his face to him after claiming something that was giving him headaches. 

One fine day, Jeonghan was going through the same corridor of the second floor which windows open to the backyard. His eyes make him halt his steps after seeing something outside. At first sight, he couldn't believe what he was seeing is true. So he goes a little closer to the windows and squeezes his eyes to make out if it's the same person he thinks it is. He was sure after the second glance. 

The relationship he was trying to save by sacrificing himself was shattered in pieces in front of his eyes. It was Yujin sitting on the same bench under the tree where Jeonghan used to sit. But her arms were not wrapped around Joshua which Jeonghan supposed it should be. Instead, she was cuddled together with Jaehyun. They were hugging, smiling and kissing, and doing cheesy couple things to each other. It makes Jeonghan takes some step back in an awkward uneasiness. Accidentally, he collides with Seungkwan coming behind him. 

"What the-... Can't you see, Jeonghan?" says Seungkwan complaining "Did you see a ghost? Why's your face so pale?" 

"Uh... out-outside" Jeonghan says pointing at the windows

"What?" Seungkwan asks confused when he couldn't see anything odd.

"It's Yujin! With Jaehyun," he exclaims

"Yeah... they look cute together, don't they?" says Seungkwan smiling at them.

"What are you talking about? She is cheating on Shua." He yells 

"Nooo,...Jaehyun is her boyfriend, you dumbass." Seungkwan clears

"B-But Shua? Hadn't she said that night he was her bf?"

Seungkwan frowns in puzzlement, "Wait-... You don't know?" 

"What don't I know?" He questions back.

Seungkwan sighs and explains everything in detail to Jeonghan. About why she made the fake boyfriend drama, that Joshua is her childhood friend, and about repairing his guitar deal, and how the entire class knows about it except him. Jeonghan's mouth was getting wider with every explanation. He never knew anything about this. No one ever told him. Now his question was, "Why didn't I know?"

"Oh, because she told this on one of those special days when you weren't coming for lunch with us," Seungkwan says tauntingly, motioning his hands.