6. The Carnival ~

As the night falls, the fairground grows luminous against the black sky. Many people were gathered to visit. Hundreds of vendors with a variety of games. The place is alive with booming music and cheerful sounds around them. The mouthwatering scent of sizzling food on the stalls was filling the air.

"Well, aren't we going to get late?" Joshua says with a little concern in his voice.

"Don't worry... there's no one at our homes to nag us. Right? So... where do you wanna go first?" Jeonghan asks

"Shall we go to the balloon shooting game?"

"Okay, if you want."

They go to the stall with the balloon shooting written on the board above. Some goodies and stuffed toys were hanging by threads. Jeonghan notices how Joshua's eyes instantly locate on a Spongebob plushie.

"Do you wanna try first?" Jeonghan asks Joshua

"Yeah, sure."

The shopkeeper gives him a plate with ten darts. They needed to pop at least five balloons to get a gift of their choice. Joshua tries but many darts miss and hit the dartboard. He was able to pop only two. He gives Jeonghan a sad smile and says, "I'm bad in shooting games, let's go somewhere else."

"Let me try first," Jeonghan says asking for one more plate of darts. His shooting training in childhood pays off, he was able to pop seven balloons with ten darts successfully.

"Wow..." Joshua claps

"Brilliant, you can choose your gift boy," says Shopkeeper

"Um..." He pretends to think first, and then after glancing at Joshua, he says, "That Spongebob plushie, please."

After taking the toy they leave the stall. "You're so good at shooting," says Joshua

"Thanks... Here. You have it." Jeonghan says handing the plushie to Joshua.

"No, you won it."

"It's fine. I'm not a fan of stuffed toys anyway."

"Really? ...Thank you." Joshua smiles at him and accepts it gladly. They start to roam around the fair to find some interesting games when Joshua reads something written on a board, "House of Mirrors?"

"Wanna go inside?" asks Jeonghan

Joshua's eyes lit up in excitement, "Can we?"

"Why not? Come."

After stepping inside Jeonghan find himself bewildered by the mirror surfaces all around, reflecting the pattern, repeating itself, and appearing infinite. He could see hundreds of reflections from floor to roof. The purple color light was creating a mind-bending effect of twists and turns.

He moves around and sees Joshua in the mirror in his front. "Shua?" He turns but Joshua wasn't there.

"Catch me," Joshua says laughing and running through the maze.

"Heyy..." Jeonghan wanders around touching every mirror to navigate the way. If Joshua was bad in shooting games then Jeonghan was worse in finding directions. Joshua's reflection was visible to him in every mirror but it was not tangible.