7. The love ~

"Shall we go now? It's quite late." Joshua says eating his cotton candy. 

"Okay. Let me walk you home," says Jeonghan walking beside him. 

"It's fine. I can go by myself."

"No, it's dangerous out there by this time of the night." He insists

"Then how about you?"

"I'll call Carl. He will bring my car." 

"Oh... okay. Let's go." 

The streets were empty, cold, and silent. The cool night breeze was waving their hair unsteadily. Street lamps were illuminating the path with every step. Shopkeepers started to shut down their shutters and pack stuff. Both were walking away from all the hubbub going in the fairground. Only faded music was reaching their ears. 

After a minute of silent walking, Jeonghan speaks, "Do you have any roommates? Shua?"

"No, each dorm room is only for one person."

"Oh, you don't get bored?"

"I would be lying if I say yes." Joshua chortles, "My friends never let me feel alone. There's Vernon, Minghao, Jihoon in the dorm. And Yujin, sometimes she is annoying but I love her." 

Jeonghan lets out a chuckle too, "How nice. And your parents?" 

"They both are doctors. Always stay in the clinic. I visit them every month and sometimes, they come here." 

"They must love you so much."

"Yeah, I love them too,"

Jeonghan suddenly gets solemn, "You are so lucky, Shua."

Joshua frowns in confusion, "Why? You don't... love each other?" He asks nervously pondering whether to ask about his parents or not.

Jeonghan huffs, "Love? That's a long-lost feeling for me." 

Joshua finds himself at a loss for words. What could he say to this? Without knowing anything about him.

Jeonghan says after a long pause, "You know what? It's been two years since I last saw them. And I... visited them. They never came to see me. I'm just a forgotten child who lives on their money. Now you tell me, how can I love them?" 

"Um... t-that's not true. Every parent loves their child."

"It's not the same for me. I... I don't know how it feels like to love and be loved." Jeonghan says turning his head to Joshua, "And I hate it. Not knowing. I hate it so much, Shua. I want to find how that feels." 

Joshua sighs and grabs Jeonghan's hand, intertwining their fingers, "You will find it soon. I believe you." He says smiling at him.

After some ten minutes, they reach his dormitory. 

"Here, we reached our stop," says Joshua

"Is that your dorm?" asks Jeonghan looking at a large building in front of him. "Which floor you stay on? 

"Fourth. The apartment in the back."