38 - 삼십팔 장

Start from the beginning

Sowon didn't answer and waited for him to leave the discussion but he had other plans. He was not going to leave until she spoke like she always did and confesses the truth.

"Just tell me what was the reason."

"It's nothing."

"I think after making Haneul upset like that, you should be honest with me."

Sowon glared at Namjoon, "I didn't realise she meant so much to you."

"She does but as your friend," Namjoon sighed tiredly, "now tell me why you called me to meet."

"I called for a reason but didn't expect that I would be spoiling your meeting with Haneul."

Sowon bitterly spoke to which Namjoon shook his head.

"You didn't spoil our meeting but you sure did spoil your relationship with her."

"Then what about you?" Sowon snapped with narrow eyes, "weren't you here to first meet Haneul?"

"I was, so?"

Sowon scoffed, "so? Yeah right."

"I don't see a problem meeting your friend when I have no bad intentions-"

"Are you two dating?"

Sowon blurted before thinking. For an odd reason, that question was pestering her mind since the beginning and she didn't realise how she had spoken those words neither the amount of coldness in them.

It was when Namjoon looked at her incredulously, she realised her mistake.

"What?"

Sowon wanted to facepalm herself and perhaps even run away. She moved to fulfil her sudden plan of escape but Namjoon was faster and to her bad luck, he moved in a rapid way to press both his hands on each side of Sowon and onto the wall, trapping her inside like a gullible prey.

Well done Sowon, you are an expert in embarrassing yourself.

"Did you just assume that I and Haneul are dating?"

"Well, the two of you looked incredibly close and comfortable with each other."

"Sowon we are just friends. I am about to be engaged with you so how am I supposed to date someone else and that too, your best friend?"

"Uh forget I just said that. Sorry."

Sowon wanted to avoid this topic forever and forget it ever existed. But Namjoon was too worked up to let it slide without confronting it because he felt like she was questioning his loyalty.

"No, wait. Do I look that cheap and desperate to escape this marriage?"

"Namjoon I said it was a mistake. Just let it go."

He scoffed, "Sowon. I really don't discern you. No, in fact, I don't understand the whole species of women."

"What do you mean by that?"