(Primary) Elemental Series: M. Griffon Handler x F. Dragonkin

En başından başla

"I get it, okay?" he growled, rolling his eyes as he began to rush towards the large building in the distance.

Truth be told, if the creature wanted to, it could simply go hunting on its own. Swiping a cow from a grazing field or a deer from a forest was no big task. Even choosing to munch on a human was an option for them, especially if it wasn't being fed on a regular basis. Then again, it was the male's entire job to stop such actions. If his supervision over Luvyna became lax, she would seek to harm others by stealing their food or killing them outright. They could destroy entire cities if they wanted to. Thus, it was his job as a handler to ensure such things didn't happen.

There weren't many that even attempted to learn the basics of handling dangerous creatures, especially not those of the pure elemental variety. A king of the skies, the griffon was overly prideful and difficult to gain recognition from. It was why only a handful of people on the entire continent could effectively handle them. If observing the male's interactions with Luvyna of all griffons, one would likely classify him as a pushover and disliked. That being said, it was likely better to be dismissed by a griffon and still needed than liked.

A few such griffons did reside in his care. They never truly knew how much force could shatter his bones, and, in their excitement in seeing him, often ended up piercing his skin. And if they were in the mood to play, it was very possible to end up passed out with a concussion or worse. That being said, it didn't make him love them any less. They were beautiful and majestic creatures, no matter how much they could pick on him.

As the blonde meandered into the barn, he looked around for the best candidate for Luvyna's snack. It wasn't as if the griffon cared about the quality of meat, only that it was fresh and the kill was done by itself. If he had dared bring a dead cow to her, she would stomp her feet and throw a tantrum. The same could be said for any others. Thus, it was important to find a cow that had an abundance of energy and vitality.

Upon noting one of them, he walked forward and grabbed a lead from the side of the shed. He then moved through the rest of the barn and found a familiar face already handling the cow. Tilting his head, the male placed his hands on his hips and watched as he tended to the cow's harmed ankle. Giving a grunt, the male turned his sights to another cow. He could only imagine the stink eye he would get for giving a defective cow to Luvyna.

"Ah, wait!" the other male shouted, surprising even himself, "Lunial, they want to see you up at the capital. It completely blanked my mind, but the invitation is in my room. Should be right on my nightstand."

The male nodded, continuing to pick out a cow for the picky creature he had to look after. As he led it over, he found that she was unexpectedly happy with his choice. And while he did feel bad about sending the poor animal to its death, it was necessary for the greater good. She knew where they were kept anyway. If she truly wanted to, she could have exterminated all of them for sport and wouldn't have bothered to eat them.

As Luvyna finished up her snack, she gave a pleased purr and pruned her feathers to a pristine degree. The blonde then stretched his arm behind his back and clicked his tongue, running his hand along her back. The beast nodded in approval and allowed the boy to sit on her back. Stretching her wings out, she gave a shriek and began running, launching the both of them into the sky in the direction of the capital.

There were common reactions to the sight of a griffon entering the skies above the palace. Some scattered about, attempting to gather guards to ward off the beast, but they were unfazed by it. Perhaps it was a bit unusual to see such a creature so close to any city walls, but to see a human on its back was another matter altogether. If one was riding a creature, they were given permission to be there, and therefore, there were no altercations on the way into the castle beside a few wary glances.