Chapter 13

Okay. This takes the cake. I am in a body bag. Alive and well. Actually, except for the fact that it's very stuffy and I can barely breath. There is a horrid smell coming from next to me, though. I hate this idea. This is bullshit. I felt the van stop.

"Delivery to the morgue." Parrish said.

"I don't see you on the list." A man sassed.

"You heard about the animal attacks, right?" He asked. "The hospital ran out of refrigerated drawers and Eichen's got the only other up-to-code morgue in the county."

"Let's have a look." A different man said.

"I don't think you want to do that. The stench back there almost made me pass out while driving."

"Open the back of the van, please."

I panicked when the back doors opened. My heart rate was at al all time high, hoping they don't open my bag.

"I'll need to log the names off the toe tags." The first man said.

"There's significant decomp. They were found in the county tunnels way past rigor." Parrish explained.

"Open them up, please." The second man asked.

Then, I felt the bag next to me being opened. As soon as it stopped, the two men were gagging. "No, no. Go, just go." They shooed Parrish. He shut the door and I felt the van start to move again.

As soon as it stopped again, I felt someone lifting me onto a table. Footsteps left the room and a door shut. After a count of ten, I unzipped my bag and sat up, gasping for air. I looked to my right to see Scott, Stiles, and Liam doing the same.

"Oh, my God." Liam gasped.

"Never again." Stiles took deep breaths.

"Never." I agreed.

Scott took out his phone. "Fifteen minutes. Starting now."

We all scrambled out of the body bags. Stiles, well, he fell on his face. Which caused me to laugh, hard. Before helping him get up. Walking up to the door, Scott held up a finger and I heard footsteps walking up to the door, then receding. We then exited the morgue. Going down a couple of flights of stairs, we enter a hallway but stop, seeing two guards standing by the gate that leads to the closed unit.

"What are they doing here?" I whined.

"I don't know. Their rounds should've ended five minutes ago." Stiles said.

"I can take them." Liam rolled his shoulders.

"No one's taking anyone." I sassed.

"How much time?" Stiles looked over at Scott.

He sighed. "Three minutes."

"I'll just knock them out and hide the bodies." Liam pressed.

"Oh, my God, please stop." Stiles hissed.

"Did you take the doctor?" I jumped at the sound of a voice. To my right, there was a boy in a glass cell, staring at us.

"What?" Scott whispered.

"Did you take the doctor?" The boy asked again. "I haven't had my medication. I need ten milligrams at 8am, 15 milligrams as 1pm, and no more than 20 at dinner."

"We'll get the doctor..."

"Dr. Fenris."

"Dr. Fenris." Scott nodded.

The boy started to cry and his voice got louder. "They took Dr. Fenris. I haven't had my medication. I need to see the doctor." His voice raised more. "They took Dr. Fenris."