Chapter 6

A week has gone by since Stilinski was put into the hospital and almost died. He seemed to be doing a lot better and this makes me and everyone around me happy about it. I'm getting ready for school right now which seems odd. I haven't had a normal morning like this in a long time. Finishing my makeup, I made sure my hair and outfit looked alright. I had straightened my hair so it fell down my back. My outfit was black skinny jeans with holes in the knees and a while t-shirt that said "Teenage Dirtbag" on it. Then black vans on my feet.

Once I was done in the bathroom I went downstairs and ate a bagel. My mom walked into the kitchen shortly after I finished eating.

"Morning, sweetheart." My mom smiled at me as she grabbed a mug for her coffee.

"Morning, mom." I smiled back at her. She looked tired.

"When do you have to leave for school?"

"A few minutes."

"How are you feeling today?"

"Weird."

"Huh?"

"Like, I feel weird." I picked at my nail polish. "I haven't had a morning like this in so long. It's feels different to be normal."

She chuckled. "You've never been normal."

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean.?

"Yeah, yeah, I do. But it's good. Now you'll be going to school and -"

My mom was cut off by my phone ringing. It was Scott.

"Hello?" I answered

"Hey, Ash. Um, do you want to go to school today?" He asked sheepishly.

"What's up?"

"Something happened last night at one of the power stations. Parrish wants to show me the video from the cameras."

"Yeah, sure, fine. Where?" I pinched he bridge of my nose.

"I'll come and pick you up. I'm on my way now."

"Okay, see you in a few." I hung up and looked at my mom, who was eyeing me suspiciously.

"You're not going to school today, are you?" She deadpanned.

"Nope. Scott's picking me up in a few."

"Well, be careful. I'm going to go back upstairs. Text me to let me know you're alright. But, you're with Scott. So you should be."

"I will be." I hugged her and then she went upstairs.

I got a text from Scott when he as outside and I grabbed my bag then walked out the door. Scott handed me a helmet and we were off. Showing up at the power station within 20 minutes. Cop cars were surrounding the place.

We easily found Parrish and a look of relief flashed on his face for a split second. "Hey, guys."

"Hi, Jordan." I smiled.

"You guys need to see this. It's from the relay station's security camera."

He held out his phone so we could all see the screen. The video showed the door being pried open and a big creature leaping out of the building and running off camera. And when I say big creature... I mean huge. Probably Peter huge. Probable even bigger than Peter when he was the Alpha.

"That looked big." Scott's eyes widened.

"Too fast for anyone to get a good look at it." Parrish said. "But you already know what it is, don't you?"

"The last Chimera." What? We made our way into the building and quickly stopped. "You still got a black light?"

Scott turned it on and swept the room we were in. There were spots on the floor that lit up.

Is that Mercury? "Mercury means Chimera, right?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"But what was it doing here?" Parrish spoke up. "Why come here and kill some random communications tech?"

"Maybe it just likes to kill. Maybe it's what it does." Scott tapped his chin.

"That's terrifying." I mumbled.

"Parrish, how many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?"

Parrish sighed and looked at us. "Everyone."

*****

Malia wasn't answering her phone. So, naturally Scott and I showed up to her place. After talking to Parrish, we needed all the help we could get. Especially when we don't even know what we're up against. The thing is absolutely terrifying.

Knocking on the door, it opens slightly to reveal Malia. She opens the door quickly and comes outside on the front porch. "You didn't have to come all the way out here."

"You weren't answering your phone." I deadpanned. Hearing more than one heartbeat coming from inside.

"I can't help you. Not right now."

"What if I told you that you're one of the only people that I have left?" Scott asked.

"You're not going to want my help." Malia clenched her jaw.

"Anything that happened between us..."

"I'm talking about something that's going to happen. Something I'm going to do. And you're not going to like me much after I do it."

"Is that why I hear two other heartbeats in there?" Scott asked and scrunched his eyebrows together. "And why is yours beating so fast?"

"Scott, Ashlyn, go home. I can't help." Malia then shut the door in our faces.

*****

Scott drove back to his house and we walked inside. He went upstairs and I followed.

"Make yourself at home." Scott motioned to his room.

I jumped on his bed and laid back on it as Scott walked into his bathroom. Closing my eyes for a few minutes, I stretched and opened them again when I heard a light whimper come from the bathroom. Sitting up, I craned my neck to look in the bathroom and saw Scott with his shirt off and I saw his stomach in the mirror. There were claw marks. How is he not healing? Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move and my head snapped towards the door to see Stiles standing there. I about jumped out of my skin. I really need to listen better. 

Stiles looked from me, on Scott's bed, to the bathroom where he saw Scott's shirtless back. His eyebrows furrowed but nonetheless walked towards Scott. He must have seen him in the mirror because he turned around. I stood up and walked over to the two teenage boys.

"Hey." Stiles mumbled. "Still not healing?"

Scott looked down at his stomach and then back up at us. "Sometimes it just takes a little longer." He walked out of the bathroom and grabbed a shirt from one of his dressers. "What are you doing here?"

"Ah, you heard about the guy who got killed out at the communication towers, right?" We both nodded. "I think I may have figured something out."

"What, you want my help?" Scott asked with a surprised tone of voice.

"Yeah, well you said you can find the clues that I can't. Here, take a look." Stiles brought out his phone for both of us to see. "This is when the technician first arrived. You see him going in?" we see him park his car and walk into the building. "Then Deputy Clark goes in." We see the squad car pull up and she gets out and walks into the building. "Then something really big and really fast comes charging out." The big black mass comes barreling out of the building. "And now comes Clark." She runs out. "Eventually, technician's body is carried out by paramedics." You see the body being wheeled out on a stretcher in a body bag.

"Okay, what are we missing?" I scrunched my nose up.

"Two people go in. Three come out. I checked all the footage. Not a single person enters that building before the technician the entire day. So where does that something really big and really fast come from?"

Scott's eyes widened slightly. "There's another way in."