Chapter 9

"Who found them?" Stiles asked his father, who was talking with Scott, Kira, and I as we were walking down the hallways of the hospital. He was walking with a cane. Progress.

"Argent." Stilinski said. "And he said the Doctors were down there." Then he turned to look at us. "He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory." Scott said.

"It's a slightly terrifying theory." I added.

"Well, the ME said that the victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels." Stilinski explained.

"Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies." Scott bit at his thumbnail.

"Why would they do that?"

"Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would." Stiles offered.

"Protecting what?"

I sighed. "A Werewolf."

"It's called the Beast." Kira added.

Stilinski's eyes widened as he looked around at all of us. "We know. Horrifying." Stiles spoke up.

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish. Because it looks like his dream is coming true." Stiles' dad walked off.

*****

I woke up the next morning really not wanting to go back to school. Sighing, I got up and quickly showered then changed. My outfit was a black skater skirt that was waist high and flowed down to about mid thigh, with a black and pink flower printed short sleeved shirt that had an open back with fabric crossing behind my shoulders. My shoes were pale pink heels. I put some mousse in my hair and kept scrunching it up as I did my makeup. Which was winged eyeliner.

Once done in the bathroom, I went downstairs and ate a bagel. Then I grabbed my bag and got in my car. This whole morning seemed to go by so quick. With me barely even feeling awake. It was like I was floating. That's how it's been for a while now. Once I got to the school, Stiles immediately found me.

"Morning." He smiled at me.

"Morning." I smiled back at him as we made our way into the school.

"You look beautiful today."

My cheeks heated up. "Thanks, Stiles."

We walked into the school and I immediately noticed the cops everywhere with big guns. Like HUGE guns. Isn't that a little overkill? they were walking around the school in pairs. Stiles and I shared concerned looks as an announcement went over the PA system.

"By order of the Sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day."

Stiles walked up to a Deputy and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and rolled his eyes at him. "You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?" He read my mind.

"You dad's the one that issued us these things, and he wouldn't officially say why." The Deputy explained.

"Did he say anything unofficially?"

"No. But everyone's got a theory."

I cocked an eyebrow. "What's yours?"

"I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have class?"

"Come on, Strauss. What's your theory?" Stiles pried further.

The Deputy looked around and then leaned in. "Do you guys believe in the supernatural?"

Oh. My. God.

It took everything in me not to burst out laughing. Stiles made a face, probably trying to keep it together as well.

"Uh, yeah. I guess." He squeaked.

"I think it has something to do with that." The Deputy nodded his head.

"Well, that's interesting. We gotta go now, let's get to class, Ash."

Stiles grabbed my arm and we spun around heading off down the hallway.

"That was great." I laughed. Soon, Stiles began to laugh as well. 

It felt good to laugh. I feel like none of us are acting like teenagers who go to high school anymore. We've been faced with so much.